Pure Turbo Upgrade on JB4? (Unlockable ‘21)

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Car will be ready end of week, went from stock to full exhaust / bigger tires / eibach pro kit and JB4 with EWG. Planning on e30 blend with JB4, wondering if there’s any headroom I can make with a Pure upgrade without the ability to do a custom tune. Obviously the other option is just wait it out until someone cracks it. I’m more interested in the Pure 700 and faster spooling for drag / stoplight fun. Unsure of what the cars ability is to make significant gains with JB4 as the only tuning option for now.
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Id be hesitant to try and use a piggyback with an upgraded turbo with the main concern of adding more fuel. Id wait till the 21 ECUs are cracked before moving to the pure turbo.

OP
OP
delita1

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Id be hesitant to try and use a piggyback with an upgraded turbo with the main concern of adding more fuel. Id wait till the 21 ECUs are cracked before moving to the pure turbo.
yeah, this is my initial thought as well but I’m starting to get impatient and of course got that tax refund burning a hole.

hoping this situation with the ECU doesn’t linger for too long. I was hoping all the new m3/m4 owners that will start popping up over the coming months will help to stir the pot and keep momentum going. considering most of us have 0 idea who is working on this and where they are in the process, seems like all we got is a lot of finger crossing and hoping

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
yeah, this is my initial thought as well but I’m starting to get impatient and of course got that tax refund burning a hole.

hoping this situation with the ECU doesn’t linger for too long. I was hoping all the new m3/m4 owners that will start popping up over the coming months will help to stir the pot and keep momentum going. considering most of us have 0 idea who is working on this and where they are in the process, seems like all we got is a lot of finger crossing and hoping
If you come across a deal on 6 port pure turbo, it wont hurt to jump on it... But I think piggyback and a downpipe will feed your need for the time being. Find a used JB4 or titan protune and enjoy it and you wont lose too much while you wait.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Jb4 supports larger turbos
OP should reach out to Burger directly. They provide amazing support at N54tech so I’m sure they would talk OP through any questions. Better than asking here, as I don’t think anyone here has done JB4 with a Pure setup (yet).

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I was getting fueling issues on e40 and BMS wasn't able to resolve it aside from dialing everything back a bit. I don't see how adding more boost or cfm will net any real results without being able to add more fuel...?

Nchaydar

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I was getting fueling issues on e40 and BMS wasn't able to resolve it aside from dialing everything back a bit. I don't see how adding more boost or cfm will net any real results without being able to add more fuel...?

absolutely, my car keeps throwing a “mixture too lean” code on a e30 blend and Burger tuners say “don’t worry about it”. I tried explaining to them that it stumbles sometimes on WOT (not every time ) , anyways we need the ECU to be unlocked .
Sponsored