Pure800 failure

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had any issues with their Pure800? Mine has stopped working and iv been calling pure for the past 2 weeks with no answer, email response is better but lately 3 days with no reply. Leaking oil since install at SSR performance in LA, and was told it was blow-by, but have found the root of the oil from the turbo housing. Should I give pure another shot, or just go with a real big turbo kit from DocRace.
Sponsored

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
Has anyone had any issues with their Pure800? Mine has stopped working and iv been calling pure for the past 2 weeks with no answer, email response is better but lately 3 days with no reply. Leaking oil since install at SSR performance in LA, and was told it was blow-by, but have found the root of the oil from the turbo housing. Should I give pure another shot, or just go with a real big turbo kit from DocRace.
Hmm interesting I had this same issue . They must be really busy . They had me warranty no probs . Still donā€™t know how my turbo started leaking, also noticed crack on the manifold . Here are some pictures of my situation.

Attachments

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How long did you have it on before you starting having issues, and do you daily drive it?
Mine started showing leaks less then 1,000 miles of its install. Currently have around 7,700 miles on the car. Havenā€™t had any issues after pure did the warranty work. Around 4,000 miles on the pure800 no problems.

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
Mine started showing leaks less then 1,000 miles of its install. Currently have around 7,700 miles on the car. Havenā€™t had any issues after pure did the warranty work. Around 4,000 miles on the pure800 no problems.
Did you have to out of pocket anything for repairs or pure covered it? Just debating doing a pure kit on a supra.

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you have to out of pocket anything for repairs or pure covered it? Just debating doing a pure kit on a supra.
Pure covered it . They have a warranty and they honored it very cool of them.

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
Pure covered it . They have a warranty and they honored it very cool of them.
Thats extremely good to hear to be honest, and you said your car runs perfect with the new kit as well so win win I guess. Id love to see your supra if you wouldn't mind posting up some pics.

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats extremely good to hear to be honest, and you said your car runs perfect with the new kit as well so win win I guess. Id love to see your supra if you wouldn't mind posting up some pics.
Yeah man Iā€™ll post some pictures soon. Waiting for the Visconti stage 1 fuel pump / reflex motiv port kit to come in. Iā€™ll snap a bunch of pictures and post them.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Mine took 3 months but it had been leaking since install for me. Pure warrantied mine as well
How quickly did you get the rebuilt turbo once it went in? Have you noticed any issues since? Seems like they know what the issue is and know how to keep it from happening again.

OP
OP
Sikh_Supra

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
How quickly did you get the rebuilt turbo once it went in? Have you noticed any issues since? Seems like they know what the issue is and know how to keep it from happening again.
They took 5 days to get it back to me. They said nothing was wrong but Iā€™ll see, getting the turbo installed again today. Car never had any issues or oil leak till after pure install at SSR. So hopefully mine was either install error, or unlucky turbo. Iā€™ll update you later today how it goes.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
? ...watching this one. I will going to Pure 800 soon.

-RJM