Pure800 Install Questions

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Hello all, some quick questions about the Pure800.... I have been told that there is a sensor that is for the pcv system that no longer gets used when the 800 goes on - Can anybody tell me exactly what the sensor is/does? I am aware that the CEL can be turned off with a tune but I just want to know a little bit about it... Is there no way around keeping it in place/in use? During install coolant will be drained, is there any specific method to bleeding the system after refill or can it just be run until t-stat is fully open and heater is blowing hot to purge air?
Lastly, can someone call out the torque specs for the 6 bolts/studs where it bolts onto the cyl head, the downpipe V-Band clamp, and the lower pinch clamp on the bottom end of the DP...? Any bits of advice or tips from anyone who has thrown one on would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

A90313

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
yes there is a sensor. no way to relocate it as the inlet gets replaced. Pretty sure it is a temperature sensor. will definitely set a code. Will probably have 2 codes; there is another one that sets because the DME thinks the extra flow through turbo is a pcv leak.

Check to be sure the head studs did not back out. should only have 30mm from tip of stud to head surface. Torque spec on nuts is 13 ft lbs. torque spec on the mounting bolt is 14 ft lbs. small bolts for oil and water lines are 71 in lbs. v band clamp is 14 ft lbs. 2 nuts mounting converter/dp is 21 ft lbs

Coolant fill procedure below.

Only thing i had a hard time with was that anything i dropped seemed to completely vanish. and lining up the 1 mounting bolt for the turbo was kinda though until i took the dp all the way out.

upload_2020-7-20_17-2-31.png

upload_2020-7-20_17-3-8.png

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
yes there is a sensor. no way to relocate it as the inlet gets replaced. Pretty sure it is a temperature sensor. will definitely set a code. Will probably have 2 codes; there is another one that sets because the DME thinks the extra flow through turbo is a pcv leak.

Check to be sure the head studs did not back out. should only have 30mm from tip of stud to head surface. Torque spec on nuts is 13 ft lbs. torque spec on the mounting bolt is 14 ft lbs. small bolts for oil and water lines are 71 in lbs. v band clamp is 14 ft lbs. 2 nuts mounting converter/dp is 21 ft lbs

Coolant fill procedure below.

Only thing i had a hard time with was that anything i dropped seemed to completely vanish. and lining up the 1 mounting bolt for the turbo was kinda though until i took the dp all the way out.

upload_2020-7-20_17-2-31.png

upload_2020-7-20_17-3-8.png
Thank you for the info! Very helpful especially the coolant process straight out of TIS.
I haven’t looked at the sensor setup but I understand that the P800 comes with a new inlet since the compressor inlet is machined out to a larger size and therefore the stock inlet cannot seal along the inner edge. I wonder if there is any way the stock inlet could be modified to seal against the P800 compressor housing like the one they provide, which would then allow the pcv sensor to remain functional/plugged in? I have access to a machine shop at my work... might try to see how Pure’s provided inlet compares to the factory unit and if there is a way....

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Thank you for the info! Very helpful especially the coolant process straight out of TIS.
I haven’t looked at the sensor setup but I understand that the P800 comes with a new inlet since the compressor inlet is machined out to a larger size and therefore the stock inlet cannot seal along the inner edge. I wonder if there is any way the stock inlet could be modified to seal against the P800 compressor housing like the one they provide, which would then allow the pcv sensor to remain functional/plugged in? I have access to a machine shop at my work... might try to see how Pure’s provided inlet compares to the factory unit and if there is a way....
My tuner coded out the sensor function and it will have zero side effects

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
How long did it take for you guys to take out the turbo and install the pure?

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Took time to catch all the coolant for re-use, cleaned and torqued every piece of hardware, and talk some smack with a few friends... Couple hours. You could slam it in really fast if you wanted. Everything is super accessible and very straightforward on this platform.

Mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus, R1
My tuner coded out the sensor function and it will have zero side effects
Will you be able to pass OBDII scan like this? Ca is notorious for flagging you for state ref inspection if they detect an ecu tune.

I imagine this could be a huge head ache if u end up having revert everything completely back to stock.
Sponsored