Question About JB4

saudi

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
i dont plan on modding my car but want to make it a bit faster, how much gains can i expect to get running 91 fuel? i dont have access to 93. so i want to see if its worth it before pulling the trigger.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
i dont plan on modding my car but want to make it a bit faster, how much gains can i expect to get running 91 fuel? i dont have access to 93. so i want to see if its worth it before pulling the trigger.
Zero. You absolutely 100% always without question use the highest octane fuel you have access to in this car. Use 87, for example, would be idiotic.

OP
OP

saudi

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
Zero. You absolutely 100% always without question use the highest octane fuel you have access to in this car. Use 87, for example, would be idiotic.
You’re right, however im situated in the middle east, i used the USA fuel equivalent of what we have here, which is 90 and 95 = 87 and 91 in the USA, thats why i asked if ill get gains on 91.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You’re right, however im situated in the middle east, i used the USA fuel equivalent of what we have here, which is 90 and 95 = 87 and 91 in the USA, thats why i asked if ill get gains on 91.
No gains from higher octane.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
No gains from higher octane.
Just to clarify (and my better understanding), he would get no gains from a custom JB4 tune on 91 octane or… he would get no gains from the trackside 100+ octane gas on our cars unless tuned for it?

I know in my lower displacement S2K and MX5, I was told not to waste my money on the higher octane trackside $$$ gas. And if I was storing it, they’d have me buy no ethanol gas - to avoid water buildup. Even though it was only 89 octane, they said I could run on that. Thanks for clarifying man!
Sponsored