Question for those with alcantara seats

Which did you choose: Leather or Alcantara?

• Total voters

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Im just wondering how they have been holding up. If you could choose between the alcantara or leather right now would you still choose the alcantara?

I had alcantara in my 2004 IS300 and the alcantara definitely had noticeably more wear than the leather bits.
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I had alcantara in my BRZ. I swapped it out with perforated leather from Katzkin. The alcantara was grippy - both good and bad. It does hold you in spirited driving, but the downsides were making my shirt/pants ride up, lol, and I felt like it didn't breathe as well as leather.

I wish the leather seats in the Supra were perforated AND cooled/ventilated.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
We didn't have a choice with ours, they come with Alcantara

They appear to be a pretty high spec, as far as I can make out similar to the US top spec but no garage door opener, but does have welcome lighting, quieter exhaust with different flap actuation

I was lucky enough to get a red steering wheel & interior bits, I wasn't sure if I would like it & the dealer principle offered to swap it out with his personal one, glad I didn't though :)

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Alcantara gets hot too. Had it in my S4. Was plenty nice but you could tell the drivers seat had more miles on it.

I will always pick leather if possible...

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Had alcantara and absolutely hated it...It's too warm in the summer and harder to clean...Also over time it begins to "pill" and looks like crap...never again! I've found leather to be cooler, more durable, and easy to maintain and keep clean....
Sponsored