Fun stories/comments/reactions with your A90: Funny things said to you about your Supra

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Facepalm, was filling gas at the Costco

when I was approached by another customer who wanted to know whether the car was electric like Tesla
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've seen 1 guy in online video filling up a generator in trunk of Tesla and one other in person!

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Have had a bunch of people try to get me to race
I decline for obvious reasons
Had a guy in a TransAm egging me on when I was in the break-in period
Another time I had a guy in a subaru want to race in a 45 zone
Today it was an M3

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
Mine is STILL the only one I have seen on the road in Phoenix, and I've had mine for 9 months. I live in the West Valley and commute downtown everyday to work, so you'd figure I'd see at least one other one on the road. That said, whenever I drive it (usually once every couple weeks), I get M3, M5, Camaro and Mustang 'customers'....not to mention people taking pics of it as they drive by...

Count Mackula

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Was finishing up filling up with gas and a man on a newer Yamaha R1 pulled in to fill up with fuel himself. As he was circling around, you can tell he was trying his best not to look at the car and get caught (as if he didn’t care about it at all). When I was leaving the gas station, I looked at me side mirror and see him taking a picture with his phone behind me. I smiled profusely of course. (Bought the car approximately six days ago) So far, literally not a day goes by without someone giving me a thumbs up or a compliment.

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
Mine is STILL the only one I have seen on the road in Phoenix, and I've had mine for 9 months. I live in the West Valley and commute downtown everyday to work, so you'd figure I'd see at least one other one on the road. That said, whenever I drive it (usually once every couple weeks), I get M3, M5, Camaro and Mustang 'customers'....not to mention people taking pics of it as they drive by...

Spoke too soon. FINALLY saw another Supra on the road heading home...was thinking i was living on an island here!

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Went to a Porsche car show today. Parked the Supra in the background. When I came back, they were photographing my Supra!

00C8DDC0-7AC3-463B-958B-FFE960018688.jpeg
Hahaa, nice.

OT.: Man, your profile pic. really brought me rushing back to the 80's with that Conquest. Man, I used to drool over that car whenever I brought my Dad's car into the Chrysler dealer for service. Is that yours?

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Bought mine in June 2020 and these are my experiences:

- Challenged by a Scat Pack 10 miles after picking it up - declined
- Challenged by a Lancer Evo same day as Scat Pack challenge - declined
- Numerous stares, thumbs up and people taking picture
- Numerous drivers keep close to me for some distance to see the car
- Guy pulled up next to me and asked me to let him hear it - put in Sport and let her rip
- Passed M3 at normal speed only to have him trying to pass me back - whatever ...
- Young guy on MC squeezed through lanes to pull up to me and paid complements. Said it is his dream car

Frankly, i did not foresee the attention and could do without it. Maybe next year ???

SunbirdGTO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1986 Mitsubishi Starion
Hahaa, nice.

OT.: Man, your profile pic. really brought me rushing back to the 80's with that Conquest. Man, I used to drool over that car whenever I brought my Dad's car into the Chrysler dealer for service. Is that yours?
Yes it is! It’s really been a fun car. Loved them when I graduated from college in the late 80s. But student loans took precedence. Wanted one ever since. Owned and restored it over the last 7 years.
9F773CEA-B60E-4A5E-84CA-5C80F65AF44A.jpeg

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Had a great story the other day whilst driving.

Was driving when a mum and young child were at a crossing and came to rest.

The young boy was pointing at the car and the mum was saying look at that car, it's a "Supra" and the young boy was positively excited and smiling.

Made my day.
:)

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So I had seen comments in car magazine reviews about the attention this car gets but I didn't think it was quite the level described. I figured there was some embellishment involved. I think I may have been wrong. I picked up my car less than a week and a half ago. Today I went through a McDonalds drive in window and the cashier says: "OMG, I saw a Supra today. Thank you for blessing me by coming here today. Please come back more often". It was a pretty fun, and funny, exchange about how fun the car is.

I'm curious what other similar comments have been said. I'll bet there are some other funny ones. Anyone want to share?
Sponsored