AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw this posted on SF:

Guys,

We partnered up with the experts at Hydra Motor Works to help us develop a tune for the Toyota Supra MKV. There are two common ways to tune a modern OEM ECU/DME. You can either write a tune directly to the ECU/DME, which acts just how you would expect it to - with the ECU performing the functions it is now told to perform, or you can use a piggy back box to trick the stock ECU into doing what you want by manipulating the readings that it sees from the engine sensors. The method we are offering writes new performance tunes directly to the ECU instead of trying to trick the stock MAP with masked sensor values. We strongly preferred this method, as it is far more repeatable, and we feel makes for a substantially more reliable and consistent calibration.

This tune is calibrated to unlock the potential of the stock MKV Supra by remapping the fuel and timing of the stock tune, and adding boost.
  • In our private testing, we saw gains of over 60whp and 55wtq without any other modifications to the car. Only the Stage 1 Tune.
  • The tunes are shipped with a hand held programmer that is used to upload the calibrations to the stock ECU.
  • The tune is fully reversible and you can upload your stock tune by yourself using the handheld programmer.
What you end up is a car that drives perfectly like stock without any weird electronic glitches, dash lights, etc, but with more power and torque everywhere.

As of today only the Stage 1 Tune is available but we expect to have the Stage 2 Tune for other bolt on modifications like Downpipe, Intake, Exhaust, Intercooler, etc available in the next week.

Stage 1 is $1,095.00 and includes the Hand held programmer.

Stage 2 Reflash Upgrade is $300.00 (to take a Stage 1 tune to a Stage 2)

You can purchase Stage 1 and Stage 2 up front for $1,295.00

There will be a Stage 3 tune available for an upgraded turbo in the future.

Our approach here was to offer a reliable package that people can count on to deliver consistent performance without any "why did this happen." To deliver this outcome, we worked with Hydra to develop something that would accomplish this goal. You get almost 20% more power with this calibration and it runs flawlessly in our testing. We wouldn't be able to offer this solution confidently if you were required to achieve this result yourselves, or by someone who is likely tuning his first example of these. We attempted to do this work for you, so that you didn't have to worry about it.

We did this back to back test on the same day and as you can see the Stage 1 tuned graph makes more power everywhere.

All of the testing for Stage 1 is done and we are ready to take orders. Units will begin to ship next week by 8/16/19. The units will include with detailed instructions including video on how to flash your car to the tuned file.

You can purchase directly through this link or you can contact me at [email protected]

Stage 1: https://www.realstreetperformance.c...kv-a90-handheld-ecu-flasher-and-ecu-tune.html
Stage 1/2 Combo: https://www.realstreetperformance.c...v-a90-handheld-ecu-flasher-and-ecu-tunes.html

https://www.supraforums.com/threads...available-at-real-street-performance.1117590/

Solid gains!

upload_2019-8-6_17-6-21.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
AHP

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, Jay and the whole crew are a class act and basically the model for how to operate a successful and ethical parts/tuning biz, IMO. He's also just a genuinely nice dude all around.

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
I'll be watching these tuning threads. I really want to pull the trigger but not sure I have the stomach to be one of the first.

SCCA Racer#75

First Name
Dave`
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 ZL1 1LE
I would be more inclined if they had more switchable options, I'd like a 91 tune for our AZ crap gas... a 93/95 tune for when mixing some good gas, and then a 100 octane tune, when planning on pure track runs.

Best Regards,
Dave

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I would be more inclined if they had more switchable options, I'd like a 91 tune for our AZ crap gas... a 93/95 tune for when mixing some good gas, and then a 100 octane tune, when planning on pure track runs.

Best Regards,
Dave
Other companies will offer it likely. For BM3 and MFlasher, you can swap maps in a few seconds.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Very reputable company and good gains. My only concern is price. That’s pretty steep when most other tunes are around 5-700 but I wonder if the expertise is worth the cost.
The price is indicative of being first to market and a result little to no competition in the Supra sphere. The prices will come down when competition comes into play...

I emphasize "Supra sphere" because most folks are going to be far more likely to buy from known Supra experts vs some rando BMW tuning company (just the truth of the scene IMO) despite the obvious crossover here.

OP
OP
AHP

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TRC and Real St. not wasting any time on the good content:

Very reputable company and good gains. My only concern is price. That’s pretty steep when most other tunes are around 5-700 but I wonder if the expertise is worth the cost.

I'm not too familiar with Hydra's products, but checking their site the MKV device is actually cheaper than some of the current BMW options, i.e., F8x M3/M4 at $1495. Also reminded how comically expensive Akropovic is...

Best Regards,
Dave

My assumption having used similar devices on other platforms is you can have have multiple calibrations saved on your PC for various fuels, conditions, etc.. so you flash the ECU as-needed. However, seems you're reliant on the vendor to make the calibration changes.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
I'd like to see no cat downpipe and tune

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads