rear license plate

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
While reading the the thread about wrecked Supras I noticed there are a ton of wrecked cars out there. It seems like we're invisible sometimes judging by how many rear enders. On my motorcycles I install a led license plate holder that lights up when you hit the brakes, Some pulsate a few times also. I did search online and could not find them for cars. Are they legal for cars? Anybody seen them?
Sponsored

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I haven't seen them for cars. On my bike I typically pulse the brake 3 times before applying them completely, I may start doing the same for the car.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Not a license plate frame, but I noticed some Kias and Hyundais have that third brake light initial pulsing when braking - they flash rapidly 3 times before going solid.

I've also read that it's illegal in most states. But then why is a major auto manufacturer implementing that as a standard safety feature?

I had a "4th" brake light installed in my previous BRZ which did that. Some people said it would be annoying to drivers behind me. I told them that was the point - if they find it annoying, they'd see it and avoid slamming into me.

Hopefully we can find a similar module for the 3rd brake light that won't throw a code with the BMW CANBUS system or a flashing "4th" brake light integrated with the reverse light in the lower fascia.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have seen someone use the expert coding on Bimmercode to code in the flashing break lights depending on how much you press the brake.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase