Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Is that true? I'm not sure that's true. I wouldn't think total non-us market cars out number US market cars. But, I'm going on pure.. uh.. whatever. Just doesn't seem right.
At my last check:

8771 US 2-port, 2817 EU 2-port, ~1000 Australia 2-port, ??? Middle East, ??? 2-ports sold in US in early 2021 -- 12588 2-port cars (at least)

11782 6 ports in the US so far

Globally speaking, 2-port units are outpacing USDM 6-port by about 1000 cars. Plus most of the B58TU cars globally are also 2-port, not 6.
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Where are you getting those numbers? Sales have been pretty regular, I find it very hard to believe that there were 75% as many 2020 MYs sold than 2021, 2022, and 2023 combined.
https://carfigures.com/us-market-brand/toyota/supra

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any 2023 data at this time. Unsurprising, since Q1 doesn't end for another 30 days. Remember also that the 2020 Supra actually went on sale about halfway through 2019, and thousands of units were sold.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Those are calendar years, not model years.

Remember also that the 2020 Supra actually went on sale about halfway through 2019
That’s always the case though. 2021s started selling halfway through 2020, 2022s started selling halfway through 2021, and 2023s started selling halfway through 2022. I’d bet that at least 1-2000 of those “2020” sales were actually 2021 MYs.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
That doesn't quite make sense given most of the MKVs running around now (and in future) will be 6-port. I really hope they reconsider this logic.
Is that true? I'm not sure that's true. I wouldn't think total non-us market cars out number US market cars. But, I'm going on pure.. uh.. whatever. Just doesn't seem right.
it’s not true. The market is tiny for these cars outisde the US. There’s way more 6 port Supras.

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Doesn't really surprise me. Spending r&d time an money on a 6 port supra kit for any manufacturer is exactly what not to do if your business is run with a proper marketing department. Marketing plays a big role in finding the target client first and if the target client has a locked DME, there is no money to be made. I haven't checked in the past couple of months but last I checked the mid 21+ supra's are still locked DMEs aren't they? Swapping a turbo on those cars is nonsense really. Yes there are ways around the locked DME with full jb4 reprogramming but that's risky and still crippled compared to an unlocked ECU or aftermarket blank ECU.

I'm actually surprised companies are making strictly 6 port kits when that market hasn't come to life yet lol.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Doesn't really surprise me. Spending r&d time an money on a 6 port supra kit for any manufacturer is exactly what not to do if your business is run with a proper marketing department. Marketing plays a big role in finding the target client first and if the target client has a locked DME, there is no money to be made. I haven't checked in the past couple of months but last I checked the mid 21+ supra's are still locked DMEs aren't they? Swapping a turbo on those cars is nonsense really. Yes there are ways around the locked DME with full jb4 reprogramming but that's risky and still crippled compared to an unlocked ECU or aftermarket blank ECU.

I'm actually surprised companies are making strictly 6 port kits when that market hasn't come to life yet lol.
Unlocking the ecu is cheap and quick these days.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium

you can unlock any DME including up to 2023. Sure you can't tune on Ecutek. But they are unlockable pretty easily. You have to ship out your DME, but if you are spending that kind of money for a turbo kit you probably don't have any issues sending out your DME to be unlocked.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
He said he is making a six-port version, it's just coming shortly after the two-port is done. There's an awful lot more cost involved on his end to manufacture the six-port as well, with him telling me that the mold for the manifold/turbine housing on the two-port cost him $7k, whereas the six-port cost him $28k.

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Interesting :hmm: , I thought only certain models unlockable up to ~mid 21. 23 manual :hmm::hmm:😶

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
The US is the only market that uses the 6 port, because (if memory serves) the BMW 340i has used 6port engines for for quite a while and it was just easier to keep the same packaging and re-use that motor for the Supra in the US. Yes, emissions played a role as well, but satisfying multiple 6-port cars with a refreshed 6-port product that fits in the same engine bay packaging likely plays a much larger role.

All Supras are 2 port in every other region, regardless of model year. There are far more 2port Supras than 6.
Australian cars switched to 6 port at the same time as US ones.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yea, I think he might be thinking of the UK Supras. I believe Japan gets the 382hp six port as well.
Even then if you look at a brochure for the UK Supra its engine code is B58B30M1 which is the 6 port 335hp version used in the X5, X7, Z4 Euro spec, 740 and 840. Not the B58B30C which was the supra specific 2 port version.

Just because the UK version makes 335hp, doesn't mean its using the 2 port design still. From the looks of it, it's using the 6 port 335hp version.

Can someone from the UK with a 21 and up confirm whether its 2 or 6 port?

Screenshot 2023-03-07 120331.png
Sponsored