Remote Start feature by Femto

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
For once, the post-06/2020 folks get something nice haha.

Sponsored

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
hope not. Manual trans remote start is usually frowned upon because.. ya know.. leaving the car in gear
I’m one of those folks that goes out of my way to never park it in gear so I’ll be good at least!

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
Because my first manual was an old e30 that was once an automatic and swapped to manual so it was bypassed the safety features of having to put the clutch in and just got in the habit of always using the hand brake and starting the car right up after getting in so now I still never do the whole first gear at shut off thing. Plus I hate the car “settling” back on to first gear after shut off. I can’t imagine it’s good to always have that binding. I’m sure it’s fine but I’m kooky like that.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Because my first manual was an old e30 that was once an automatic and swapped to manual so it was bypassed the safety features of having to put the clutch in and just got in the habit of always using the hand brake and starting the car right up after getting in so now I still never do the whole first gear at shut off thing. Plus I hate the car “settling” back on to first gear after shut off. I can’t imagine it’s good to always have that binding. I’m sure it’s fine but I’m kooky like that.
Must have never parked in hilly areas 😁

I had installed a remote start to my MT FRS. Surely had to leave it in neutral on level surface, usually either at home or work..

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Shoutout to the company holding unlock tech hostage also being the only ones to figure out remote start. You love to see it.
Holding hostage? My guy they spent so much money getting that exploit to work and clearly no one else is even close to it.

Why would they release it publicly? They have to pay for expensive security researchers and they have an extremely intensive service-based business with international shipping and customs issues to work around.

I applaud Femto for their hard work, and for making sure no one is there to steal it from them. Keep in mind, if they released it publicly or it was stolen and dumped online, Bosch will just patch the issue with an OTA update if possible, or fix it immediately in the next model.

it’s always a game of cat and mouse between manufacturers and hackers. Complain about it if you want but SOMEONE has to pay for the labor and skill involved in cracking these DMEs.

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
But the question is.....for those of us who had pre June 2020 ECU's, is this something we can have put on ours? :hmm:

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
But the question is.....for those of us who had pre June 2020 ECU's, is this something we can have put on ours? :hmm:
No, not at this time. Code is injected at Femto facility, then remote coding is needed to finish the process.
Only works on 2021+