stevemk14ebr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV 2022 Premium
Hi, this is my first post here.

The default holder for the wireless charger tray is pretty annoying as I'm sure a few of you have discovered. The lid on the top often gets in the way of putting in and easily removing a phone. The part is removable but then phones that used to be held securely slide around. So to solve this I 3d laser scanned the default holder to get exact measurements, and cut out the top lid of the 3d model when re-modeling it then printed a replacement part without that lid. It works amazing, and fits like OEM. Here's the model in case you want to print your own! Make sure you use a plastic when printing thats not going to melt in 100+ F as the car interior can get hot when left in the sun. PETG would be a good choice as an example.

OEM.jpg

Model.png
Sponsored

Attachments

Supercompact

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Very nice! I was thinking of doing something similar, but don’t have a great way to 3D scan. Thanks for sharing.

more.cylinders

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0 Premium, NSX
This is great, thanks! Gonna try to find a maker space near me and give it a shot

tire.eater

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Hi, this is my first post here.

The default holder for the wireless charger tray is pretty annoying as I'm sure a few of you have discovered. The lid on the top often gets in the way of putting in and easily removing a phone. The part is removable but then phones that used to be held securely slide around. So to solve this I 3d laser scanned the default holder to get exact measurements, and cut out the top lid of the 3d model when re-modeling it then printed a replacement part without that lid. It works amazing, and fits like OEM. Here's the model in case you want to print your own! Make sure you use a plastic when printing thats not going to melt in 100+ F as the car interior can get hot when left in the sun. PETG would be a good choice as an example.

OEM.jpg

Model.png
Nice, I've been thinking about that too. I'll ask my son to 3D print one! Dumb question though, how does the holder come out? Does it lift straight up and out?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nice, I've been thinking about that too. I'll ask my son to 3D print one! Dumb question though, how does the holder come out? Does it lift straight up and out?
Exactly. Yank it out upwards

Daemon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra Premium, '15 WRX
Thanks for this! My Pixel Fold didn't fit in the tray properly thanks to the low lid. Printed this out in black ASA and it fits perfectly

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I don't have access to a 3D printer, can someone print and mail (Los Angeles) this to me? (For a fee of course)

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I'd gladly pay someone for a black one should someone opt to print an extra.

I'd love to see a photo of one installed as well.

Daemon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd gladly pay someone for a black one should someone opt to print an extra.

I'd love to see a photo of one installed as well.
Here's a picture of it installed in my car. There's some minor quality issues on the back side due to the overhangs, but it's decent enough until I dial in the printer a bit more

20230916_184123_D96C42D6.jpg

Daemon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you post your printer model and print settings?
I printed it on a Bambu Lab X1 Carbon with 0.16mm layer height, 3 walls, 4 top/bottom layers, 15% infill, and tree supports enabled for the tabs. I oriented the print standing up on the back side for minimal supports
Sponsored