Rev lag and high idle

D3lirix

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
So a little while ago I purchased a supra and it's having a few problems. One of them being the head unit turning off but I'll talk about that one in another post. The main issue I'm having is the rev lagging, sometimes when I press the peddle(doesn't matter how much) it takes 2 seconds to get to 2k rpm and then instantly rockets up to redline. Doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. I've also had the car idle at numbers upto 6k rpm and redline. Toyota tried telling me this was normal operation and I told them it wasn't, they agreed afterwards when another tech had the high idle issue. Toyota is now telling me that because I have a muffler delete that my issue has series from that, I essentially told them they were full of shit. I have the work orders proving when my muffler delete was done and the work order from when I first reported the issue and my muffler delete was done after the fact. So even if they could find a way to say my muffler or the lack thereof was the problem, the problem arose before the delete. I'm upset they even mentioned that.
Sponsored

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So a little while ago I purchased a supra and it's having a few problems. One of them being the head unit turning off but I'll talk about that one in another post. The main issue I'm having is the rev lagging, sometimes when I press the peddle(doesn't matter how much) it takes 2 seconds to get to 2k rpm and then instantly rockets up to redline. Doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. I've also had the car idle at numbers upto 6k rpm and redline. Toyota tried telling me this was normal operation and I told them it wasn't, they agreed afterwards when another tech had the high idle issue. Toyota is now telling me that because I have a muffler delete that my issue has series from that, I essentially told them they were full of shit. I have the work orders proving when my muffler delete was done and the work order from when I first reported the issue and my muffler delete was done after the fact. So even if they could find a way to say my muffler or the lack thereof was the problem, the problem arose before the delete. I'm upset they even mentioned that.
I've seen a post similar to this before. The guy said that his car wouldn't rev passed 2k RPM even after it was fully warmed up. Not 100% sure what user it was, but in the video he had his daughter with him explaining the issue to her after they were leaving a car meet. You might be able to search for it. I believe he mentioned the Toyota dealership saying something about the TPS and maybe replacing it?