First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Wishing you all the best!!

Can you share what was done for the electrical module and have you done any testing to confirm it works?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Wishing you all the best!!

Can you share what was done for the electrical module and have you done any testing to confirm it works?
All the electrical things we've done:

Replace the 30Ah Antigravity Lithium battery with OE battery. I have a new 60 Ah Antigravity waitng to go in & see if there's any problem.
A 2nd set of KW EDC purchased, and installed the larger front pair in the rear also. If this set up does not work, I will be switching to the new RS*R EDC.
Got a Matco tablet and cleared a lot of the error codes in the car. Turns out at Buttonwillow the car really did throw a total of 95 codes...

Won't be able to get any testing in before this weekend at COTA, since AMS is busy tuning the car until Wednesday and we're leaving for Texas afterwards. Will report back with more info!

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Nice work Mr D, first place in your class. Epic. Love it. How did the electronic demons go?

B58fan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Assuming no more electronics issues since he went back to OE battery. But yes looking forward to the recap.

Well done, Full Send Master!

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Cut to the chase, WE WON SUPER LAP BATTLE COTA!!!

49560545513_47272286b4_k.jpg

It was the most wonderful of weekends, because everything we did just seemed to work.
We prepared a set of new RS*R Cancellers but the 4 front KW cancellers solved our issue, and we had zero traction control issues.
No E-diff power problem, no instrument cluster cutting out, and even though we tested an Antigravity 60 Ah Li battery, we decided to just keep it safe and use the OE battery for this event. We'll test out the 60 Ah battery next time thoroughly.

49561043626_1257ffa604_k.jpg

The front splitter changes, rear Eibach sway bar, and ride height change all helped the car turn in so much better. The understeer I hated was gone, instead replaced by super controllable hint of oversteer.
The AMS Tune on EcuTek beta software is getting close, and we made a reliable 460 whp and 530 tq on pump gas.

Neo Motorsport BBK was good, but we're working with Neo to make some changes to improve the performance and correct the bias a little better.

49561042991_c287c16a3f_k.jpg

Biggest thing to note, we noticed a drop in power on a long run, and I'm suspecting the Intake air temp is getting through the roof. We'll work with AMS on something to combat this, but just remember the car is still on 100% stock cooling.

49560545243_e4aff89561_k.jpg

Even though our lap times from Day 1 were taken away, we put our head down and dropped over 1.5 seconds on Day 2. To win in a such a fashion felt awesome.

If you guys like to see our weekend highlight video, it is here!

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
Jackie,

Congratulations on the victory. The long times and efforts sacrificed has paid off in a great way. You have rebounded in the best way possible.

Well done to all the people/sponsors involved in helping you grab 1st place.

Great driving as always.

Between racing and your studies, you have done remarkably well. Hats off to you my friend.

Drive safe.

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Main post is updated! Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys. We are waiting on a few partners to free up (i.e. AMS Performance is busy with TX2K) but we'll have a lot more improvements and testing days this month. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
I do apologize friends, this thread kinda went dead and I wasn't active on the forum a lot as soon as the racing season picked up...

What is pretty cool is that we have been able to test a lot of aspects of the car in the last 6 months (Jesus time flew by quick), and the TA90 V2 has been thoroughly tested by fire through it all. Since our class win at Super Lap Battle, we took home a 3rd at Gridlife Gingerman, another 3rd at Gridlife Autobahn, a class win and record at GTA Road Atlanta (1:27.9 babyyy), a hard fought win and record at Gridlife Mid-Ohio, and most recently a second place at Gridlife PPIR. Currently we got 7 podiums for 7 events attended! I'm pretty happy with that.
50304895276_7039fcf1d2_h.jpg

Currently, we're prepping the second half of the season. We have a few high-caliber events coming up and it's all getting exciting. In the mean time, the V2 has received several performance upgrades since COTA, but has largely remained the same spec. I will post the full mod-list below. In the last 6 months, we learned a lot about the car and did our best to optimize the suspension and damper settings, which has really improved the handling.

The biggest change between COTA and now would be the turbo setup. We switched to a Pure 800 stock-frame turbo, and with AMS Performance handling the tuning, we bumped the power output from 450 whp to 560 whp on 93/MS109 50/50 mix. I was pretty happy with this turbo but I think we can still improve even further, and AMS's brand new A90 Turbo kit was finally ready for me to test (preproduction form). This kit will be compatible with 3 different models of GTX Gen 2 turbos, and we'll start with the 3076R to focus on the transient response first. We are actually dyno tuning this brand new setup today, so i will report back on how well it worked!

50304876511_c711fdf7ff_k.jpg

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Pure800 was definitely a winning set up and I understand the need to change and explore so props to you on that :thumbsup:

Will this set up use mechanical waste gates? Heard a lot of shifting issues with these set ups

OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Full Supra TA90 V2 Mod List (9/4/2020):

Wheels & Tires:

275/35/18 Nankang CR-1 on 18x10.7 +38 Titan 7 TS-5 (For Gridlife)
295/35/18 Yokohama ADVAN A052 on 18x10.7 +38 Titan 7 TS-5 (For Global Time Attack)

Suspensions:

TA90 Spec Reinharte R2 Coilovers
Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bar
SPL Adjustable Arms (Full set)
Motorsport Hardware Lug Stud & Bolt Kit

Brakes:
Front: Hawk DTC60, DTC30, CSG C21 brake pads (depending on track conditions),
Rear: OEM Premium Rear Brake, CSG C11 brake pads
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Aero:
PhD x Spage Sport Supra TA90 Carbon Aero Kit
- (rear GT wing, front splitter, lip, dry carbon vented hood w/ fender vent, vented front fender)
Verus Engineering Rear Diffuser

Engine:
AMS A90 Supra Turbo Kit, Garrett GTX3076R Gen II
AMS downpipe
AMS chargepipe
AMS EcuTek tune
AMS Heat Exchanger
Koyorad Auxillary Coolers

Interior/Safety:
Antigravity H6-60-RS Lithium Battery
Studio RSR Roll bar
Sparco Bucket seat (driver & passenger)
Sparco 6-point racing harness
Raceseng Tug View tow hooks
BRIDE seat rails

Weight:
~3370 lbs (race weight)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackieD86

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Pure800 was definitely a winning set up and I understand the need to change and explore so props to you on that :thumbsup:

Will this set up use mechanical waste gates? Heard a lot of shifting issues with these set ups
From the very start of the development process, the goal of the AMS Garrett Turbo kit was to retain the factory wastegate, since it's so effective at maintaining accurate boost control. This is the main reason why we are going with the GTX Gen II turbos instead of the newer G30 series, as there aren't any effective enough housings available for the new G30s.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
From the very start of the development process, the goal of the AMS Garrett Turbo kit was to retain the factory wastegate, since it's so effective at maintaining accurate boost control. This is the main reason why we are going with the GTX Gen II turbos instead of the newer G30 series, as there aren't any effective enough housings available for the new G30s.
That should be very reliable and not too complex like other kits

Can't wait to see how she goes :love:

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Jackie what catback are you using? Car sounds amazing
Sponsored