Not open for further replies.

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
G80 M3 Comp xDrive / A90 Supra / Tesla M3P
Anyone else having problems with their Rexspeed Spoiler? I’ve to submit a warranty claim with Rexspeed through Speed Industry but Speed Industry is saying “outside variables that could have occurred such as automatic carwash, something hit it, etc.” I’ve told them I don’t run my cars through any washes and if something were to hit it, you would see more damage than just a straight clean crack on the edge of the seam.
It’s unfortunate that a lot of my parts is from Speed Industry / Rexspeed. Just wish they would at least address the issue rather than point the finger.

BF707E8E-F263-4290-9E85-F9D0B09D53D5.jpeg

35F1CE14-2B68-4C19-8DF7-FD7B05ECB664.jpeg

87A4BDA8-1489-497E-883C-50129A144AB8.jpeg

D0FE79F8-FF50-452A-BF98-FC007335D46A.jpeg

BEC099E2-1C54-4A6F-83CA-E7D13AB1F584.jpeg

D3ECECD0-90C0-4A74-B424-C469DD54E8DD.jpeg
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Rexspeed quality has always been more miss than hit TBH. Most of the non OEM lip spoliers are made in either China or Taiwan and have been hit or miss with quality.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's almost perfect.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
if you see or feel any warping, it’s def. the sun/heat. This happened to some non-OEM CF mirror caps i had on another car (it started to warp then crack opened up just like your spoiler)

EDIT: FYI - while not the same version, I had fitment issues with my v4 Rexspeed spoiler.

Last edited:

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Yea that looks like separation. Guess that wasn't meant to be used outdoors. :hmm:

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
That sucks. I was going to order a Rexpeed spoiler from Speed Industry but now Im reconsidering. Rexpeed is a forum member so hopefully they come across your thread and help make things right. Im in the tech industry that sells software/hardware products but ultimately the product we are measured on, is service. Same goes for hotels, airlines, Iphones, and spoilers.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Anyone else having problems with their Rexspeed Spoiler? I’ve to submit a warranty claim with Rexspeed through Speed Industry but Speed Industry is saying “outside variables that could have occurred such as automatic carwash, something hit it, etc.” I’ve told them I don’t run my cars through any washes and if something were to hit it, you would see more damage than just a straight clean crack on the edge of the seam.
It’s unfortunate that a lot of my parts is from Speed Industry / Rexspeed. Just wish they would at least address the issue rather than point the finger.

BF707E8E-F263-4290-9E85-F9D0B09D53D5.jpeg

35F1CE14-2B68-4C19-8DF7-FD7B05ECB664.jpeg

87A4BDA8-1489-497E-883C-50129A144AB8.jpeg

D0FE79F8-FF50-452A-BF98-FC007335D46A.jpeg

BEC099E2-1C54-4A6F-83CA-E7D13AB1F584.jpeg

D3ECECD0-90C0-4A74-B424-C469DD54E8DD.jpeg
Good luck, hope you get sorted. I've had a few issues with Speed Industry. Most recently, I tried to cancel a gas cap that was back ordered. It wasn't listed as backordered, when I purchased. I'm still waiting for my money, its been a few weeks.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Good luck, hope you get sorted. I've had a few issues with Speed Industry. Most recently, I tried to cancel a gas cap that was back ordered. It wasn't listed as backordered, when I purchased. I'm still waiting for my money, its been a few weeks.
I would’ve hit the charge back after a week of no action.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Have you been emailing them? I've had to cancel or modify a few orders over the last several months and they always respond within a day or so, I haven't had any issues getting money back or swapping for equivalent products that are in stock.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Have you been emailing them? I've had to cancel or modify a few orders over the last several months and they always respond within a day or so, I haven't had any issues getting money back or swapping for equivalent products that are in stock.
Yea I have multiple times, and Alex keeps saying it's another team that handles that and he "will get it taken care of." Honestly tired of the back and forth emails, will follow up again. It's been a rough few weeks for me, and honestly just over the back and forth over a gas cap.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Yea I have multiple times, and Alex keeps saying it's another team that handles that and he "will get it taken care of." Honestly tired of the back and forth emails, will follow up again. It's been a rough few weeks for me, and honestly just over the back and forth over a gas cap.
fyi, it took 3 weeks from initial contact to get an email from Speed Industry with my return shipping label. They'll eventually get to you, but the waiting game sucks.

I'd imagine they've gotten a ton of orders this summer with only like 4 or 5 people working there.

They use to have a number where you'd speak to someone quickly, however recently they've switched to email only platform. I'll cut them some slack, because I know what it feels like to be extremely busy with short staff .... overwhelming for sure . As long as I get my refund at some point this summer i'll be fine.

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
Hi there,

We'd love to help all our customers as much as we can.
Could you please confirm if the spoiler was damaged from opening the package?
Cause if there's a crack around the seam that can be noticed easily like the photos show, it won't pass the QC process, it will be sent back to our factory and wait to be fixed.

If the spoiler was in good shape when you opened the package and could be mounted on the trunk for a while till the crack showed up, I'm afraid that we might not be able to define if there's any external factors that caused the issue. That's why we kept telling our customers to check the products once they receive it so we can get the issue resolved as soon as it was found.

Sorry for letting you down in the situation like this.
Please believe that we'd be happy to take care of any defective products from our pipeline, however, if it's not the production defect, there's little we can do to help with it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hi there,

Cause if there's a crack around the seam that can be noticed easily like the photos show, it won't pass the QC process, it will be sent back to our factory and wait to be fixed.

If the spoiler was in good shape when you opened the package and could be mounted on the trunk for a while till the crack showed up, I'm afraid that we might not be able to define if there's any external factors that caused the issue. That's why we kept telling our customers to check the products once they receive it so we can get the issue resolved as soon as it was found.

Please believe that we'd be happy to take care of any defective products from our pipeline, however, if it's not the production defect, there's little we can do to help with it.
Sorry- but that's not a great response. If the product is good when opening the package and fails in sunlight, the product is defective. 'Oh you shouldn't use your car outside' is a bit of a ridiculous claim. I see three possible situations here, two of which you should absolutely cover.

1. This particular Item is used normally, outside, where cars go, and it failed after a couple of months. From a business standpoint, if this is a one-off deal, then you replace the spoiler because that's what good customer service is.
2. All items from this line or production are defective and fail outside, where it is used normally. You replace them all because that's good customer service.
3. Someone destroyed the OPs spoiler accidentally or intentionally by slowly doing something to the edge causing the seam to split. - This one is on OP but seems like one hell of a long-con to get a replacement of something they were otherwise happy with.

If you've shipped a bum product, just do the right thing. If it's a one-off problem, great, just ship this guy a new one and be done with it. If it's a mass defect, then you're going to get hell from this entire community and we'll go another direction (a90Shop and Suvneer are already getting in the CF market with new products for this chassis).

"If it wasn't broken out of the box it's not our problem" is a trash stance to take.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Wow, what a bad response. First implying the OP cut his spoiler when opening the box and now refusing to help.

This spoiler is likely the same as any on Alibaba at a fraction of the cost, so I’d go that route moving forward.

OP
OP
Ramster

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
G80 M3 Comp xDrive / A90 Supra / Tesla M3P
Hi there,

I hate to say this but that’s just a ridiculous response but it was expected. You expect your items not to fail after it was installed on the vehicle overtime?

Let me show you the same example that is happening with your spoiler had happen with my APR wing for my Type R and guess what APR replaced it after it was installed on my car, great customer service. They identified the defect and didn’t point fingers at the customer and blame it on other possible causes. My cars is rarely driven and garaged and I take pretty good care of them. Nonetheless I’ve already ordered a new wing knowing the fact that Rexspeed was not going to own up to it. It’s unfortunate but a lot of my parts on my Supra is from Rexspeed. ??‍♂??‍♂

Attachments

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
Sure, based on the customer service, we'll be responsible for our products.
And that's what we've done so far, we did take care of a lot of customers that bumped into multiple issues.

But unfortunately, that's just in the cases of the DEFECTIVE products which accidentally didn't noticed by the QC team, but not for the crack/damages that apparently caused by external impact or hit instead of the sun UV mentioned above.

Again, we're sorry for not being helpful with this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.