Road Sign Assist

jmr_mkv

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, Fiesta ST
Right, I’ve been doing some searching and cannot solve my issue. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
I have recently taken delivery of a Supra premium and have been unable to turn on the road sign assist system. I have read the manual a number of times now so I know where the setting should be, however, when I get to the designated sub menu the setting is simply not present.
I have read that all Supras come standard with this feature and it is listed on my window sticker. Could my iDrive system need an update? Has anyone else had trouble enabling road sign assist?

Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I think the only road sign it really uses is the speed limit signs. If you have the sign showing in the gauge cluster or heads up, you can see the system working If you pass by a sign with a change from the current limit. The car is reading that. Other than that, I haven’t seen anywhere else for it to display other road signs.

OP
OP
jmr_mkv

jmr_mkv

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, Fiesta ST
Understood. I’ve had rentals from bmw and Volvo that have this feature. I get absolutely no road signs in my hud or instrument cluster.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Is your navigation system enabled?

OP
OP
jmr_mkv

jmr_mkv

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, Fiesta ST
Is your navigation system enabled?
Yes sir, I have been waiting weeks for my dealer to get back to me on this. They have had to contact a Toyota rep of some sort. I just cannot believe that this would be a difficult issue to resolve considering this is a standard feature so I know I should be able to have this feature.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir, I have been waiting weeks for my dealer to get back to me on this. They have had to contact a Toyota rep of some sort. I just cannot believe that this would be a difficult issue to resolve considering this is a standard feature so I know I should be able to have this feature.
Very odd! Yeah not sure why it wasn't enabled, but hopefully the dealer will sort it out. I know that cars without navigation will have it disabled, but I figured if Nav was enabled then it would just work, but I guess not!

OP
OP
jmr_mkv

jmr_mkv

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, Fiesta ST
Very odd! Yeah not sure why it wasn't enabled, but hopefully the dealer will sort it out. I know that cars without navigation will have it disabled, but I figured if Nav was enabled then it would just work, but I guess not!
oh well, at least I am not crazy. Thanks.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Also make sure the windshield in front of the interior mirror isn't fogged over, dirty, has a dead bug on it, or sticker covering it up.

If those all check out. The dealer was supposed to calibrate the camera immediately after vehicle delivery. It might need recalibration.

OP
OP
jmr_mkv

jmr_mkv

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, Fiesta ST
Also make sure the windshield in front of the interior mirror isn't fogged over, dirty, has a dead bug on it, or sticker covering it up.

If those all check out. The dealer was supposed to calibrate the camera immediately after vehicle delivery. It might need recalibration.
Sounds like they must have missed it during delivery. The setting simply does not exist.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Ok. So this is going to sound dumb but can I just confirm that the Supra reads the signs on the road to report the speed limit? I'm coming from a car that is 12 years old and I just drove a new Toyota Hilux that did this and it felt like the year 3000 - I could just hold the cruise control button up and it would match the speed limit registered. Woah!

Is the Supra system like this?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Ok. So this is going to sound dumb but can I just confirm that the Supra reads the signs on the road to report the speed limit? I'm coming from a car that is 12 years old and I just drove a new Toyota Hilux that did this and it felt like the year 3000 - I could just hold the cruise control button up and it would match the speed limit registered. Woah!

Is the Supra system like this?
Yes supras have camera that read signs. Other cars out there have another version where it's read through gps/navigation system.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
This is going to sound dumb, but are you sure you read this correctly and the feature wasn't listed as road side assistance?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Yes supras have camera that read signs. Other cars out there have another version where it's read through gps/navigation system.
Thanks. Having never experienced this system before, I was literally blown away. Finally a car safety technology that was useful, worked as it should, wasn't intrusive and wasn't half baked!

This is going to sound dumb, but are you sure you read this correctly and the feature wasn't listed as road side assistance?
Not sure if you are having a crack but I don't own a Supra yet.. I have one on order and it's been a long wait! As I mentioned, I have been driving a 10+ year old car and I honestly assumed all cars that did this worked on a GPS system until yesterday. Welcome to the 2020s, I know.

Also, for the record, the term "road side assistance" to me means assistance when you need it from a mobile mechanic.. roadside.
Sponsored