TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Based on the spy shots it looks like the "A" pillar is going to have more of a slope like the new Tacoma and the 4th Gen 4R. I sat in the new Tacoma and current 4R multiple times at the auto show Friday and it is more raked than the current or 3rd Gen 4R.

1712404299940-08.png
IMG_6479.JPG
IMG_5318.JPG
The a-pillar will be very much the same as the Tacoma. Interior will heavily match it with some minor differences. As for the front it could be tweaked slightly but given how Toyota has been teasing only the rear and we’ve only seen rear spy shots it’s hard to say if it change

2chains

First Name
ruder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4runner Limited Blizzard Pearl
Based on the spy shots it looks like the "A" pillar is going to have more of a slope like the new Tacoma and the 4th Gen 4R. I sat in the new Tacoma and current 4R multiple times at the auto show Friday and it is more raked than the current or 3rd Gen 4R.

1712404299940-08.png
IMG_6479.JPG
IMG_5318.JPG
What were your impressions of the Tacoma interior? Did it seem plastic like or cheaper materials?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
What were your impressions of the Tacoma interior? Did it seem plastic like or cheaper materials?
I’ve sat in a production Tacoma I think back in February and it was the SR5 Trim. I loved the interior but many parts were plastic unfortunately. The top part of the door panels where you would rest your elbow would be touch to place your arm. I do think that Toyota will update that with the 25 MY or even the TRD Pro and Trailhunter. 4Runner should get soft points as well

2025 Toyota 4runner Rolldown Power Rear Window for 2025 4Runner! + April 9 Reveal Date! IMG_8160

2025 Toyota 4runner Rolldown Power Rear Window for 2025 4Runner! + April 9 Reveal Date! IMG_8161

Funkdoobiest

First Name
Raoul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Loved the roll down rear window in my '93 4runner, but also loved the fold down truck style tail gate. Wish they would bring that back as well.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
We went to see the general feel and look, seat position, width, and visibility. The new interior looks good but it did not feel as upscale as the current 5th Gen 4R. Attractive design but definitely more hard plastics. I'm not a big fan of tablet screens but it wasn't bad. I like the more integrated look of the Land Cruiser/GX550. It has a little more interior width than the 24 4R. There is a noticeable difference with the new "A" pillar design. It's ok but I love the upright "A" pillar design of the current 4R. Mollie panels seemed cheap and flexible. Physical climate control are mounted low behind the shifter. Pretty much all of the Tacoma reviews were spot on. No grab handle on driver's side and a half handle on the passenger side, you can't put your hand thru it.

Of course, even the GX550 Overtrail wasn't as nice as you would expect from a $70k+ vehicle.

Overall it is a nice design and when I checked out the brand new Ranger, the Toyota was leaps and bounds more modern and stylish, in my opinion.