OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Now everyone will not have to worry about a Scion FT-1/Supra lol.
Sponsored

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Now everyone will not have to worry about a Scion FT-1/Supra lol.
Or a Scion S-FR if it makes it to the US :)

IMO this is good for the FR-S. Gives it a better chance of living on despite the dropping sales numbers.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Yay Scion is finally dead. On a different note, everyone over at FT86club is going nuts over a rebadge lol.

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/scion transition toyota.htm

Makes some sense if Toyota is still going after the 3 sports car lineup to badge them all as Toyotas all around the world.
Good move by Toyota I think. Any sports car that wants to be taken seriously should not have a Scion badge IMO. I think this can only help with FRS sales and give their 3 sports car line up more unity. Same showrooms, same badges, shared features and it can all trickle down from the halo Supra car.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well the FRS will now come with the badge it should've had in the first place.
Hopefully it gets the GT86 name. By the time this happens I'm sure it will be the next generation of it that will be a Toyota.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Well the FRS will now come with the badge it should've had in the first place.
Hopefully it gets the GT86 name. By the time this happens I'm sure it will be the next generation of it that will be a Toyota.
I think they said that the car will be a Toyota FRS.

NeroZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S Release Series 1
I think they said that the car will be a Toyota FRS.
Good riddance. Enthusiasts have been calling for sports cars under the Toyota brand ever since the Supra and Celica were discontinued. We'll finally see it happen. Personally I woulda preferred my car be badged a Toyota and not Scion but I bought it anyway since it was so good technically.

Redman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No
What is going on at Toyota these days? Pickup Trucks, SUV's and Crossovers are Hotter than ever, yet Toyota decided to redesign it's entire car lineup even teaming up with BMW for the new Supra (I'm glad the Supra's back but Toyota should have built it itself) All while leaving there pickup trucks and suv"s ancient the Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, Sequoia and Land Cruiser are all under powered and out of date!

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
What is going on at Toyota these days? Pickup Trucks, SUV's and Crossovers are Hotter than ever, yet Toyota decided to redesign it's entire car lineup even teaming up with BMW for the new Supra (I'm glad the Supra's back but Toyota should have built it itself) All while leaving there pickup trucks and suv"s ancient the Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, Sequoia and Land Cruiser are all under powered and out of date!
I mean they all sell just fine. The 4Runner literally sells because it’s old-school.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Supra is the only vehicle I've ever cared about from Toyota and with that, only the fourth and fifth gen. We had a Celica about 15 years ago that my wife drove for about year. I had a rental Tacoma last month that I didnt like at all; I dont think there was a single flat surface on the drivers side floor pan of the truck and it had zero bottom end power. Japanese vehicles have all taken a weird turn if you ask me; Nissan's entire line-up is ugly as sin.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Toyota_Sales.png

Tacoma as is seems to be doing comparably good vs competition.
Tundra is a different story..

Basically, Toyota has better insight to their sales figures and hopefully putting the money where needed. It's a known fact that Truck and SUV segment is booming (maybe not so much this year), but a sports car is a gamble and definitely not a high volume item.
Annually, how many Supra's do you think they've forecasted vs the R&D/tooling/etc. cost? It's more of a brand image I'd think and the push of Tada-san, etc.. Surely they're also paying BMW as well on this car....So, I can't imagine the profit margins being high..

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I was the one who voted for yes! My basis is from growing up in the an era when Toyota was at it's pinnacle. Toyota made a lot of fun, bulletproof vehicles, design all mixed in with fun and strong marketing.

Akio took over in 2009 so that's when his progress started. He essentially resurrected 2 ol skool Toyota's by having 2 other car manufacturers build them.
Sponsored