Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
A two-seater performance car with a front-mounted engine driving the rear wheels, the targa-roofed model takes after the TS050 Hybrid race car when it comes to the design. The most obvious connection between the two is at the front where the concept has rather unusual headlights with stacks of LED clusters: two horizontal units sitting on top of three vertical ones, just like they do on the LMP1 endurance racer.
it seems the concept is largely based on the existing 86, but with redesigned front and rear fascias as well as a targa configuration instead of the regular fixed metal roof. As a side note, Toyota also explored the idea of a convertible 86 a few years ago when it unveiled the FT-86 concept, but that never made it to the assembly line.

Featuring a menacing matte black appearance, the new concept has hood vents to cool down the combustion engine part of a hybrid powertrain developed using knowledge gained while engineering the TS050. The engineers have installed the battery pack near the center of the vehicle for better weight distribution to boost handling and make the car more fun to drive.

To fire up the car, the driver has to use the cool push button ignition switch located on the shift knob. The car comes with an automatic transmission, but drivers have the chance to select a manual-style 6-speed mode with an H-pattern.

Toyota will have the GR HV Sports concept on display at the Tokyo Motor Show from October 25 and it will also exhibit the next-gen Century flagship sedan together with a near-production concept of the new Crown.

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_1.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_2.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_3.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_4.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_5.jpg

toyota-gr-hv-sports-concept_6.jpg

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
It's ugly in a good way tho.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do like the cluster and those Recaro seats though. The manual is a good sign...or so I hope.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I do like that it doesn't have the nose the current 86 has

7603.jpg

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
86 owners think they're getting a hybrid model next year lol. I'm still waiting on that hybrid MR2. :lol:

01-toyotagrmnsportshybrid-concept-ii.jpg

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
The Concept is not intended to be aesthetically good-looking, as the headlights are a direct input from the racing LMP car.
The hybrid sports concept and drivetrain setup are those that GR shows and could indicate of some things to expect on all cars from Toyota's racing arm for the street.
Sponsored