"Second generation" Toyota 86 Thread

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Other Vehicle Talk' started by SS09ER, Feb 5, 2018.

1. SS09ER

SS09ER Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    RS13
    Liked:
    I saw this on fb,it looks similar to the new Supra!I

86.jpg 862.jpg 863.jpg 864.jpg

XtremeMaC, tfoxyr and Timmo598 like this.
  2. Craigy

Craigy Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    M3, Lexus GX
    Liked:
    Oh gawd it pains me to say it looks good despite that glaring camryface. :eek:

Vaevictum, tfoxyr and A70TTR like this.
  3. Chikane

Chikane Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Hmm What AM I driving?
    Liked:
    CHR COUPE! lol

Guff likes this.
  4. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    It is supposed to be the next 86 . But i don't think they would put a 2.4 l boxer to the next gen (if it happens ofc) , because they wanted to reduce the emmisions and the weight. Bigger engine might come with a little more power but it has many downsides. The only routes the car can take is downsizing or same displacement and maybe a mild hybrid setup.Also this engine they are describing exists and was developed as a turbocharged unit , the fa20 was NA until they put to the wrx. Btw this engine puts 270 hp at the subaru ascent , and my guess is that it is really detuned for mileage .

5. Modal170

Modal170 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    In a partnership with Mazda, you'd think they would be able to create an engine that works for the 86 where it is no longer a boxer, and is something pepy and responsive. That might also help shed weight.

My dream toyota 86 car would be something that weighs 2500 lbs approx and is at 190 HP that starts at 23.5k. Only because it would be reasonable and with a responsive torque output.

Add a higher trim where it is 220 HP at 2625 lbs at 27k and boom, I can see it seeling more.

tfoxyr likes this.
  6. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    Well i actually want toyota to make a sports car in house .I like mazda , i believe they know a thing or two about good driving experience , but i want toyota to have a more active role this time. I mean why not a toyota turbo/supercharged engine with this gen chassis. I believe the car has a huge potential which is rare in my opinion . My vision of this car would be like the last gen silvia , a 250-270 hp inline 4 with good chassis and stripped down as much as possible.

Timmo598 likes this.
  7. FutureSupra87

FutureSupra87 Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Car(s):
    17 Pathfinder
    Liked:
    If they gave it a little more power they would sell better. Now say they came with a turbo from factory the 86 would sell out quick and dealers would have a lot of used n/a cars on their lots.

8. Modal170

Car(s):
    Liked:
    All they need is a factory turbo that can be added with warranty at a toyota dealership. Like a trd shop or something and there, for an extra 5k, we can have some serious fun, cheap and would get 86 out the fucking dealership like mad cause the car doing well on the used market

9. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
  10. supraboi

supraboi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vu
    Car(s):
    GS300
    Liked:
    Sounds like there will be a new 86 after all.

https://www.themotorreport.com.au/c...still-deciding-on-the-86-s-future-117570.html

11. decryphe

decryphe Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
    Liked:
    Still hoping for that proper AE86 heritage with a high-revving Toyota i4. The boxer was kind of off-putting - I wouldn't buy a Subaru without one, just as much as I wouldn't buy a Toyota with one.

12. Levi

Levi Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Alfa Romeo
    Liked:
    A turbocharged 90° V4 would be the best engine for such a type of car. If only...

13. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    Toyota has some engines that could work , if they put some form of forced induction (electric turbo preferably ) on them it would be a game changer. One engine that comes to mind is the new 2 liter dynamic force that is coming inside the new auris, it has 170 hp and about 150 lb torque , if they turbo that, it could reach easily 230 hp and it would be very efficient too with mileage.

14. Modal170

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Again, HP isn't the focus, the torque delivery and response is all that matters.

I wonder how the 86 will be after working on supra continuation for 4 years turn out? I think they'll kill the competition if the work was tremendous.

15. mas921

mas921 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BK38!! Z33 and a CZ4A
    Liked:
    Programmer