"Second generation" Toyota 86 Thread

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Other Vehicle Talk' started by SS09ER, Feb 5, 2018.

1. tfoxyr

tfoxyr Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    suzuki swift sport
    Liked:
    apreciate the input! A next gen 86 will sure please me and lot of people, i believe most of us have faith in toyota that they keep up the good work.

2. Modal170

Modal170 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Next gen 86 and new MR2 sitting next to the Supra, what a time to be alive

Bryster likes this.
  3. Red-hat

Red-hat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 86
    Liked:
    I’d take a turbo 1.8 boxer over a NA 2.4 if I’m honest. In many ways, the turbo 1.8 makes way more sense. It will probably meet emissions more easily, it stays below 2L engine displacement and thus avoids the extra purchasing costs that 2+L cars attract in countries lie Japan, and the turbo 1.8 will probably have way more torque than a NA 2.4. The only reason for going NA FA24 is to maintain the ‘AE86 purity’ but given the single biggest complaint about the existing FA20 is lack of torque, I think they should be sensible and put the turbo in. The more I think about it, the more the 1.8 makes all kinds of sense. 250HP and 350Nm should be no problem at all, after all, rumour is the next WRX will get the 1.8 turbo. Now watch Toyota ignore this idea and put another NA engine in that makes 10HP more. :(