2020 Supra

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
There was mention of an AWD hot hatch too since Subaru ditched the hatch version of the WRX/STI. Toyota could potentially make the hatch version of the new WRX/STI set to debut soon as well. Coincidence? No such thing ;)

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
It's probably the GR 86 but in the last few months there was a second round of articles (after a first few in 2016 I think) from all the usual suspects Japanese car news sites that once again talked about a shared Subaru WRX STI and Toyota collaboration of some kind. I think at least one of those is what the video above is referencing.

The suggestion was of a two door high performance hatch. Beyond that I don't recall any exact details and none of the articles had any hard specifics but they always leaned towards: two door, high performance, AWD, Subaru + Toyota, WRX STI related.

Again, I think this announcement is probably just a formal introduction of the GR 86 but if those older rumors have any truth this could be a way for Subaru to share costs to release a sportier and more bespoke WRX STI 2-door hatch kind of like the old GC8 two-door hatches of the 90's (only bigger and heavier today) and for Toyota's GR it could be a way for them to do a special Celica two-door GT-Four.

But... I'm not going to hold out hope for that until I see some actual spy shots or other telling information.

For sure we're getting the new GR 86 and a GR Corolla hatch with the GR Yaris' drivetrain.

As for an MR2, BestCar put up an article a few days ago commenting that there was one design of that model that was already shelved to make way for a newer design (probably hybrid-electric at minimum) that will sticker with a $91k USD range starting price. That's close to 911 cost territory if that all holds true.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SS09ER

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
i think the headlights are the same,just the wrap makes them look different

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Went ahead and photoshopped it in Black, White, and Nardo Gray:
Do Yellow from Edition 1.0 FRS pls :D And some blue? ;)

I think the lights are too sharp and agressive, I think it will look milder than that, less sharp overall. Too good looking to be true :D
Sponsored