Toyota Presents World Debut of the New 2022 GR 86

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/190017

March 2021 debut

The FR sports created in 2012 by the joint development of Toyota and Subaru will switch to the second generation in March 2021.

The current BRZ has already finished accepting orders in July 2020, and the Toyota 86 is also expected to end sales in September 2020.

The basic chassis is a carryover of the current model, but the knowledge gained from the improvements made so far has been utilized to obtain the rigidity suitable for being called a new model.

The engine mounted on the high-rigidity chassis is a 2.4-liter, horizontally opposed 4-cylinder FA24 model. The displacement increased by 400 cc from the current type has a great effect on increasing the torque, the maximum torque has been increased from 21.6 kg of the current 2L to about 24.5 kg, and the maximum torque generating rotation has been reduced, greatly improving drivability. ..

Unfortunately, the price is likely to increase from 3 million yen, but it can be said that it is a full model change with enough value.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
So, more torque, improved Chassis and increased price? Would love to know if it gained more weight during this time and if horsepower also increased a tad. You already know people are going to complain if it isn't at least 230HP.
Weight is said to be still ~1250kg.
Power is said to be around 217-220hp, torque around 245nm.

Imo the problem of current 86 is the torque, not the power.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Weight is said to be still ~1250kg.
Power is said to be around 217-220hp, torque around 245nm.

Imo the problem of current 86 is the torque, not the power.
I don't have a problem with the car at the moment. I like how my 86 drives but the internet loves to complain,

If the chassis is stronger for handling purposes and they got rid of the torque dip, it's going to be fun stepping in and driving around, but will still have to battle the cheap ponies car.
Sponsored