Sequential turn signals solution?

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if anyone will make a sequential turn signal kit. Something that makes the headlight and tail light signals sequential (if that’s even possible on this car) and something for the mirror flashers. I know autotecnik makes a “smoked sequential signal” kit for the mirrors but from what I heard and seen from pictures the fitment isn’t super great which is why I’m not a huge fan. I noticed that oracle made a drl board or chip that makes the led strip in the drl light turn any color you want but is there a way to have sequential signals with that as well?
Sponsored

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
One of Albon's videos from the Supra rebuild actually showed that the LED "strip" in the headlights is actually a fiber optic channel or something like that. The white and orange LEDs are actually in a module that sits behind the headlight and shines into one end of strip and that lights up the whole thing. It's either on or off, I don't think you'd be able to do anything to the stock light, so unless there's an aftermarket solution, we're likely SOL.

Tails, no idea. Someone would have to take a look at it to see the hardware.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
One of Albon's videos from the Supra rebuild actually showed that the LED "strip" in the headlights is actually a fiber optic channel or something like that. The white and orange LEDs are actually in a module that sits behind the headlight and shines into one end of strip and that lights up the whole thing. It's either on or off, I don't think you'd be able to do anything to the stock light, so unless there's an aftermarket solution, we're likely SOL.

Becoming common for led replacement, it'll slow just not as quickly as mass market cars

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, you got the nail on the head there. Would require some surgery to make it an LED strip.

The tails I haven't taken a close look at so I'm not sure how many LEDs are in it, but tbh I don't think there are enough to create a sequential pattern in the traditional sense. I'm surprised the lighting aftermarket hasn't come out with the same fervor as they did with the 86/BRZ scene, but considering how much the factory headlights and taillights cost, I guess I'm not surprised. I got quoted ~$1400 plus shipping for a set of JDM taillights, headlights are even more.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Yeah, you got the nail on the head there. Would require some surgery to make it an LED strip.

The tails I haven't taken a close look at so I'm not sure how many LEDs are in it, but tbh I don't think there are enough to create a sequential pattern in the traditional sense. I'm surprised the lighting aftermarket hasn't come out with the same fervor as they did with the 86/BRZ scene, but considering how much the factory headlights and taillights cost, I guess I'm not surprised. I got quoted ~$1400 plus shipping for a set of JDM taillights, headlights are even more.
What's difference in jdm?