**Update: Toyota is replacing my tail lights** Severe cracking in tail lights T.T

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hey everyone, first time posting. Instead of being a cool thread about something interesting, I need a bit of help. I have pretty bad cracks along my tail lights and my dealership is giving me the run around about doing a warranty on them.

I noticed condensation getting worse along with more cracks becoming visible. I showed my dealership and they claim it's normal and unheard of.

I was hoping those who have experienced this issue can share with me what dealership resolved their problem so that mine can contact them to confirm and also possibly share the work order showing it was in fact warrantied.

I would greatly appreciate it, drive safe!
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
What type of climate is your car in, if you don’t mind me asking?

OP
OP
hurry_revive_me
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I apologize if the cracks are difficult to see. I have a potato phone and it's hard catching the right angle for the sun to show how bad it really is. The cracking is along the top area closer to the middle of the trunk as well as along the edge of the top housing protruding. They're several small stress cracks from the look of it giving an almost striped look when the sun hit them.

Attachments

OP
OP
hurry_revive_me
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
**Update** My local dealership, J Allen Toyota, is replacing my tail lights this week. Hopefully no one else has this issue but if so, just know Toyota now has more than a few complaints about the cracking and condensation and will warranty them.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
**Update** My local dealership, J Allen Toyota, is replacing my tail lights this week. Hopefully no one else has this issue but if so, just know Toyota now has more than a few complaints about the cracking and condensation and will warranty them.
Glad to hear/read. I had a similar issue after I washed my old Nissan. Nissan said it was normal of course.
Sponsored