SF Bay Area, peninsula / south bay dealerships for oil change

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Any recommendations or tips on which dealerships are a solid choice for the oil change service on our cars? I just want to use the 2 free ones and then will be going to my usual shop of choice for maintenance.

I've read some posts here and there complaining that some Toyota dealerships don't have the right oil in stock, or don't seem to know what they're doing. I'd rather not have someone use the wrong torque specs and strip the oil pan, for example.

The dealerships close to me are (in descending order):
Toyota 101 (Redwood City)
Putnam Toyota (Burlingame)
Mangussen's Toyota of Palo Alto
Toyota Sunnyvale
Stevens Creek Toyota
Sponsored

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
I used 101 FWIW for an oil change and alignment under warranty and it worked out fine for me.

OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I used 101 FWIW for an oil change and alignment under warranty and it worked out fine for me.
Alignment.. under warranty? Interesting! I assume that’s not a standard thing one just asks for, and it was a complaint about the car not driving straight?

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Alignment.. under warranty? Interesting! I assume that’s not a standard thing one just asks for, and it was a complaint about the car not driving straight?

That's right.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
I use Toyota Sunnyvale. Just make sure to remind who ever you use to have the Supra oil in stock by your appointment time/date. If not, your hour oil change turns into an all day event or a reschedule.

Neosole89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Just got my first oil change done (4K miles) at Toyota Sunnyvale. Took about 3 hrs. Like others have mentioned, just call ahead of time and make sure they have the correct oil.

OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the feedback! Hope this is useful to others.

Since the Toyota 101 dealership in Redwood City is the closest and muckduck's positive experience there, I visited one day to check about Supra trained techs, and they indeed have 3.

Went earlier this week and it was done, seemingly well. They were nice too - the service advisor invited me to chat with their Supra tech. According to the $0 invoice, they used the correct oil. (Looked at part numbers)

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Ive used Sunnyvale for both of my free oil changes and cabin filter. They had to order the air filter but was able to return in the PM to get it installed. The first oil change service advisor stated they rotated tires by habit lol. I gave them a weird look and they corrected themselves.

Neosole89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Funny, I specifically told them not to rotate the tires or wash the car just in case haha.

Neosole89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
Anyone ever take their car to Fremont Toyota? Just moved to the Fremont area and wanted to check before bringing my car there. Thanks!

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Barely got my 1st free oil change done at Vallejo Toyota. Since my car is lowered they had to use the alignment rack. Other than that no issues with them! I'll most likely end up going to them for the next free oil change.
Sponsored