Should I trade in my 2020 Supra launch edition for 2022 A91-CF?

zsupra_lauch714

First Name
zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition
is it worth it? mine is in black with the all red seats. All the upgrades besides the 40hp are cosmetic and i could just get all those parts. plus a ecutek would put it over the 2022 HP.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
is it worth it? mine is in black with the all red seats. All the upgrades besides the 40hp are cosmetic and i could just get all those parts. plus a ecutek would put it over the 2022 HP.
Only you can decide if it's worth it. We don't know the price yet, and what comes on it. When I ordered my A91 Edition I had no idea it didn't have a HUD, not that it mattered, but I assumed it did. As far as driving goes, I've driven a stock '20 and obviously my stock '21 and the '21 drives better. In my opinion the '21 is a better (slightly) car. But, the CF doesn't get a special paint like my Refraction Blue has, so that's another consideration to make. In the end, it's what you think is worth it.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Unless there's more to it then side skirt and lips, which you can already get in CF, the only motivation I can see is the price of these bundled into vehicle price. Meaning cheaper than aftermarket. But assuming only 500 600, there may be mark-up. On the other side, you want car now, or in 1 year?

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Unless there's more to it then side skirt and lips, which you can already get in CF, the only motivation I can see is the price of these bundled into vehicle price. Meaning cheaper than aftermarket. But assuming only 500, there may be mark-up. On the other side, you want car now, or in 1 year?
600. 200 in each color.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Not worth it, keep your 2020.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
no, you will regret it after. if you really need the HP just tune it but the 50 HP is only top end which you will only notice during racing track/canyon runs. If you want CF trim buy any of the after market CF trims

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
To me, Carbon fibre is the equivalent of wood trim in 70's cars. I just feel it's going to look tacky years down the road. Does anyone remember when cars had thee gold trim, and badges? That's also what Carbon reminds me of. I plan on covering my interior carbon with black vinyl wrap, or get it sprayed at a body shop.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
To me, Carbon fibre is the equivalent of wood trim in 70's cars. I just feel it's going to look tacky years down the road. Does anyone remember when cars had thee gold trim, and badges? That's also what Carbon reminds me of. I plan on covering my interior carbon with black vinyl wrap, or get it sprayed at a body shop.
I agree 100%...when manufacturers start doing it, it's no long cool...

Black wheels...matte paint..the list goes on...

N to much carbon fiber turns a nice car "ricer"...
But each his own...

Steve

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
If you must, just vinyl wrap it.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I would wait for the GRMN or at least wait for them to come out with another Supra that claims more than 400 hp. The CF edition doesn't "really" add "that" much.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
No. This is a very poor decision for a number of reasons:

Tuning
Potential cost(s)
Lack of differentiation

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I agree with this part

This is a very poor decision for a number of reasons:

Tuning
Potential cost(s)
Lack of differentiation
But not this part. I don't see any reason to upgrade to a 2022 A90-CF, but the costs aren't any different, tuning will get here eventually - and the JB4 is actually a decent option for now despite all of it's hate, other people don't care at all- the extra ports are enough for some people.

Lack of differentiation? From the previous model, yeah sure. It's not that different. Doesn't make it a "very poor decision."
Sponsored