šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It feels like "Toyota please make a Supra with a manual" is the new "Toyota please make a 86 with more power" - 7 years and counting and it ain't happening ! :banghead:

Good luck to those who want a manual - hope it happens for you guys.:headbang:
Doing partnership, collaboration with other automakers, I believe Toyota doesnā€™t always have the final say even if they want to make something possible.

With regards to the 86/BRZ project, Toyota didnā€™t mention anything about the turbo engine enthusiasts have been clamoring for for a long time. I remember Tada-san just said that if you add turbo, it would add weight, and they have to do some engine revisions, which would ruin the balance of the car. He also said that the 86 is made for those who love to drive around the corners. Itā€™s never about straight line speed. If, in case, they release a turbo 86, I think Toyota would have a hard time introducing the Supra. Itā€™s all part of their marketing, for sure. Just not sure why Toyota doesnā€™t want to release a manual Supra just yet. If they give an answer to that, enthusiasts will be patient enough to wait. Thatā€™s all those who want a manual Supra have been waiting for, after all.

Dear Toyota, please grant our request, make our dream manual Supra come true.:yes:
Sponsored

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder if could it really be that Toyota isnā€™t done with the testing of the manual transmission for the Supra just yet thatā€™s why they havenā€™t released it yet, or is Toyota focusing on releasing the manual transmission on the 2nd-generation Toyota 86(and possibly not with the Supra). :hmm:

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
I wonder if could it really be that Toyota isnā€™t done with the testing of the manual transmission for the Supra just yet thatā€™s why they havenā€™t released it yet, or is Toyota focusing on releasing the manual transmission on the 2nd-generation Toyota 86(and possibly not with the Supra). :hmm:
Toyota simply can't offer something that BMW doesn't make.

87Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
87- my first car
Toyota simply can't offer something that BMW doesn't make.
Why donā€™t you stick with your disgusting Tesla and stay out of cool car forums.
I donā€™t know if you deliver coffee to BMW headquarters or dating some guy who works for BMW PR firm but you donā€™t know everything about future BMW plans and especially what TOYOTA is going to do in the next few years.
Go back to G20 bimmerpost

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
Why donā€™t you stick with your disgusting Tesla and stay out of cool car forums.
I donā€™t know if you deliver coffee to BMW headquarters or dating some guy who works for BMW PR firm but you donā€™t know everything about future BMW plans and especially what TOYOTA is going to do in the next few years.
Go back to G20 bimmerpost
What's with your personal attacks? I though it was automatic Ban on forums...

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
I believe we are here to share thoughts and ideas freely. You can be the insider of Bimmerpost but here we are good, we share our 'fanboyism' with enthusiasm.
You can like the Toyota brand while remaining realistic about its engineering and marketing decisions.

Saying that BMW could offer something but Toyota decided it was below their standards is not being realistic.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
You can like the Toyota brand while remaining realistic about its engineering and marketing decisions.

Saying that BMW could offer something but Toyota decided it was below their standards is not being realistic.
Oh come on don't be ridiculous. Toyota is super anal regarding their manual transmissions. BMW manuals haven't improved for a long time and in many ways have become worse as time passes. They're rubbery, numb, not notchy and do not click when you shift, has relatively long throws, and it's just such a "meh" transmission. Drive the Toyota Corolla Hatchback with the stick and you'll understand what kind of manuals Toyota likes to build, and that's for a small car. Imagine them having a manual for a true sports car like the Supra (think back to the the Getrag transmissions).

We don't even need to go that far either, why not take a look at the 86's manual? That thing is a hoot. Point is, BMW manuals are pretty sad compared to offerings like Porsche, Chevrolet, Honda, Ford, and Toyota.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saeedali78

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2jzgte IS300
Oh come on don't be ridiculous. Toyota is super anal regarding their manual transmissions. BMW manuals haven't improved for a long time and in many ways have become worse as time passes. They're rubbery, numb, not notchy and do not click when you shift, has relatively long throws, and it's just such a "meh" transmission. Drive the Toyota Corolla Hatchback with the stick and you'll understand what kind of manuals Toyota likes to build, and that's for a small car. Imagine them having a manual for a true sports car like the Supra (think back to the the Getrag transmissions).

We don't even need to go that far either, why not take a look at the 86's manual? That thing is a hoot. Point is, BMW manuals are pretty sad compared to offerings like Porsche, Chevrolet, and Toyota.
To add to this, Toyota had a whole program in which they were developing the feel of the 86ā€™s manual transmission. For awhile they were not satisfied with how it shifts.

Oxytal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MR2 SW20

It's not unreasonable in a partnership like BMW-Toyota that one aspect such as transmission options affect both cars. If Toyota doesn't like the 6MT BMW offers, that means the Z4 doesn't get one either.

A new 6MT is most likely going to come from a partnership since they're pulling from BMW supply lines and so it's also reasonable to assume that if the i6 Supra gets a 6MT, so does Z4. Toyota isn't reasonably going to make the manual themselves since that's going to disrupt production lines.

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
OK you can all keep your delusions if they make you warm and happy but here is a simple fact: BMW does not and will not make manual transmissions for B58TƜ engines. And you can be sure that this is not because Toyota didn't want them for Supras because those are just a tiny blip on the radar compared to all BMW models with the same engine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.