šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I thought we've seen the last of A70's wojnarowski-esque Toyota bombs
Egh, nothing super new or shocking, but we're making good time.

I assume your talking about the super sport? @A70TTR
it has different names depending on who you ask, but yes that's the one.

This day was incredible:

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
that and the other project, which is truly Toyota's full engineering prowess since the LFA.
I think, I know which one you're talking bout... question I wanna know is, is it gonna really happening? and I'm not talking bout GR SSC. Also with.... nvm gonna stop here.

Back to this topic.

Like A70 have state, never say never. atm there's no MT... that doesn't mean there aren't making down the future... in year or 2, or maybe 3 years down the road. Tada-san have stated, he's planning to upgrade/improve every year. From there, maybe just maybe... MT might come out. Chances are prob less than 0.1%, but it's not 0%. He's aware that 86 & Supra are different sports cars and he purposely made it that way, so everyone have an option.

That's my 2 yen

With that said, I've read this article several times and I feel like there were few miss/lost in translation kinda thing. No offense to Tada-san, but sometimes he answer some questions honestly.... but sometimes he answer in the way that can take it & translate it differently. Of course that's part of car politic and he have to keep some information secret and prob that's one of the skill you need to be one of the head/CE of Z.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I think, I know which one you're talking bout... question I wanna know is, is it gonna really happening? and I'm not talking bout GR SSC. Also with.... nvm gonna stop here.
There are three in play, two are happening, but that other one is still up in the air. I assume you mean that one, but I don't wanna say anything about that one or it will come back to me instantly.

Actually there are four now that I think about it, but the fourth hasn't even made it outside of whiteboard lol (not worth discussing at this point anyhow).

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
There are three in play, two are happening, but that other one is still up in the air. I assume you mean that one, but I don't wanna say anything about that one or it will come back to me instantly.

Actually there are four now that I think about it, but the fourth hasn't even made it outside of whiteboard lol (not worth discussing at this point anyhow).
Whatever became of the S-FR and the other Yaris (awd wrc inspired) ?

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ

Yeah 3rd one is the one I wanted to know and I get that it'll prob comeback and hunt you, so that's why I asked simple & very vague question and didn't go further than that.

Fourth one, I didn't know and prob won't know for very long time. Either way, there's a lot of things are happening and I'm glad to see.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
that and the other project, which is truly Toyota's full engineering prowess since the LFA.
Thatā€™s awesome and all, and I hope great success. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be a beast but I am one of those not in the market for a 4000+ pound luxury cruiser. Canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s in store and drive it though when I comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.