Shoulda just used the V35A-FTS from the LS500

Discussion in 'B48 4-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by halfmonkey, Jan 16, 2019.

1. SupraFiend

SupraFiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5 Supras currently
    Liked:
    Yeah its decent. It doesn't look as good as I hoped in person, the design is a little awkward from some angles, but probably a little better then the iM, which was a huge step up too.

I like our 1zz, no complaints beyond the obvious piston drain hole debacle. I went out of my way to find a low mileage one that had super regular oil changes and managed to get one that didn't burn oil. I've kept it on synthetic and its consumption hasn't changed since we got it, put almost 40k kms on it now over 4 years. I wish I had the vvti version but I had 1 week to find a low miles LE of that gen that wasn't a boring color and didn't burn oil, that's a bit of a challenge.

The problem with the 09 to 13 is it isn't even remotely a Corolla, its a bloody camry. Our gen is the last small, nimble Corolla sedan. I just recently got a first gen 4cycl Tacoma too, for the exact same reasons. Stash away your Toys that were designed in the 90s, its all downhill from there.