Side by Side Comparison: 4th Gen vs 3rd Gen Tacoma

KingsofPop

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SR5 ACLB
Hey everyone, I was on a roadtrip from Los Angeles to Seattle. When making a stop in Salem, I spoofed a 4th gen in a parking lot. For reference, I have a 2021 ACLB SR5, and the 4th Gen is a DCSB TRD OR.

2024 Tacoma Side by Side Comparison: 4th Gen vs 3rd Gen Tacoma IMG_3599

2024 Tacoma Side by Side Comparison: 4th Gen vs 3rd Gen Tacoma IMG_3598

2024 Tacoma Side by Side Comparison: 4th Gen vs 3rd Gen Tacoma IMG_3597
Sponsored

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Always loved the look of the 3rd gen, I think the 4th looks great too. Both great trucks and a natural evolution I think. 4th gen looks a touch bigger.

OP
OP

KingsofPop

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SR5 ACLB
Always loved the look of the 3rd gen, I think the 4th looks great too. Both great trucks and a natural evolution I think. 4th gen looks a touch bigger.
Definitely a touch bigger. Iā€™m not entirely sure if the TRD OR is lifted a bit, but it was slightly taller. Looks absolutely great though

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Definitely a touch bigger. Iā€™m not entirely sure if the TRD OR is lifted a bit, but it was slightly taller. Looks absolutely great though
Iā€™ve been trying to figure that out myself too and I have a new OR.

Iā€™m measuring 1.75ā€ of rake on my drivers side and 2.0ā€ of rake on the passenger side (perhaps due to full fuel tank?). According to Westcott, with his 2.5/0.75 lift on an SR5 it still has 1.0ā€ of rake. That would be 2.75ā€ of rake stock. Maybe my front springs have to settle in a bit still, but an observation nonetheless. Maybe the OR is a touch higher in the front.

I also put a few hundred lbs of camping gear and stuff in the back and only had about an inch of rake left. It definitely made me pump the brakes on getting a level. I despise squat.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
apparently wider too. The TH & PRO are 3" wider than 3rd gen and the ICE 4th gens are 1.5" wider vs. gen 3 - according to some digging by Independence Overland if I'm not mistaken

OP
OP

KingsofPop

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SR5 ACLB
apparently wider too. The TH & PRO are 3" wider than 3rd gen and the ICE 4th gens are 1.5" wider vs. gen 3 - according to some digging by Independence Overland if I'm not mistaken
Iā€™ve definitely heard that too. Good info to know. Unfortunately, I couldnt compare them any furtherā€¦
Sponsored