First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
Couldn't wait any longer.
Traded the Supra for an MX-5 RF GT.
I have a need to shift while I still can.
Outstanding trade $43,000 for the Supra. Vroom offered $41,000.
Sponsored

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Congrats on the trade! That should be a fun car to drive around, hopefully they donā€™t unlock the ecus in the next week and make you regret it! Jk, the manual will be a fun change at least. Good luck with it ?

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Couldn't wait any longer.
Traded the Supra for an MX-5 RF GT.
I have a need to shift while I still can.
Outstanding trade $43,000 for the Supra. Vroom offered $41,000.
Year, mileage, condition, color, options on that $43K deal?

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He may have signed off already. Looking through his history though, if youā€™re referencing the Supra, he talked about it being a 21ā€™ 2.0. Not sure beyond that. Not a bad trade if you really want to get rid of it right away.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just noticed 2.0 in the username. $43K scared me (thinking it was a 3.0). Unless OP put 100K miles on a 3.0 in 2 years.
Lol I thought the same at first until I saw his username as well. My heart sank for a bit ?

OP
OP

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
'21 2.0, 2,700 miles, perfect condition, gray, safety and navigation package. Within a few hundred of what I paid with discount excluding tax on original purchase.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
you can also spend 10k to swap it to stick. the shop os also in texas

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
you can also spend 10k to swap it to stick. the shop os also in texas
Considering it was a 2.0, and based on that trade-in value he saved nearly that amount... I'm guessing it's a non-issue. Also, although I've had 24K trouble-free miles so far on my MKV... I'd bank on Mazda's long-term reliability before I'd bank on BMW's. Not that it's a concern for the OP, just sayin' ;)

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Also, although I've had 24K trouble-free miles so far on my MKV... I'd bank on Mazda's long-term reliability before I'd bank on BMW's. Not that it's a concern for the OP, just sayin' ;)
I briefly switched to a Mazda after a string of BMWs, thinking i was so smart to trade for JDM reliability. Ended up with an SUV that vibrates like a massage chair, and a manufacturer who eventually shrugged and said thatā€™s how it is.

Was relieved to get back into a ā€œBMWā€. Never been so happy to get rid of a car, and never buying a Mazda again.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Was relieved to get back into a ā€œBMWā€. Never been so happy to get rid of a car, and never buying a Mazda again.
I had the exact opposite experience with my 2004 Mazda 3 HB. I'm not kidding or exaggerating, I drove the car like I stole it every day, was in a country with relaxed speeding rules, and I've never ever had any problems with any part of the car. Drove it in total for 9 years. Some idiot crashed head on. Bumper, radiator, etc. got changed, still was strong and reliable like new...
Colleagues have CX5 CX9. Both are enjoying the car since and despite the lower price tag it comes with all the bells and whistles...
I don't know your experience, but maybe tires/alignment/etc sucked??
Mazda is relatively small company, yet I worked with them thru different commodities and they're not so relaxed in requirements nor validation...
Perhaps you got a lemon, which several people with Supra's also had and I'm sure many with BMW's...
In short, I've faith in Mazda :) still waiting for that RX-9 though :yes: Darn EPA

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Dat Nappa leather....

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
I had the exact opposite experience with my 2004 Mazda 3 HB. I'm not kidding or exaggerating, I drove the car like I stole it every day, was in a country with relaxed speeding rules, and I've never ever had any problems with any part of the car. Drove it in total for 9 years. Some idiot crashed head on. Bumper, radiator, etc. got changed, still was strong and reliable like new...
Colleagues have CX5 CX9. Both are enjoying the car since and despite the lower price tag it comes with all the bells and whistles...
I don't know your experience, but maybe tires/alignment/etc sucked??
Mazda is relatively small company, yet I worked with them thru different commodities and they're not so relaxed in requirements nor validation...
Perhaps you got a lemon, which several people with Supra's also had and I'm sure many with BMW's...
In short, I've faith in Mazda :) still waiting for that RX-9 though :yes: Darn EPA
I probably did get a lemon, and very true - you get that with any manufacturer. Iā€™ve just had much better experience with BMW warranty claims. Two separate instances of engine replacement due to excessive vibration.

On the mazda, they had me do all kinds of testing and the local distributor acknowledged the issue. But ultimately they did their best, and were finally told by HQ that the vibration is normal. If thatā€™s the case, Mazdaā€™s standards arenā€™t for me.

Oddly enough, they were less keen to my suggestion to allow my ā€œnormally operatingā€ car to be used as a demo to other potential customers. Go figure.

I put it down to bad luck on my part, but the manufacturers attitude to their product standards doesnā€™t inspire much confidence. But glad to hear others have been luckier.
Sponsored