smog questions

stag3

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Lexus RC F
so since 2019+ cars don't require a smog check for 8 years, are you guys just not giving a shit and modifying your cars in socal? (downpipe, midpipe, exhaust, intake, tune etc..)
when i had my evo i modded it right when i got it and sold it when the first smog was due haha. i think it was 5 years at that time.
Sponsored

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Oh crap I didn't even know it's 8 years now for new model car lol

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Its technically 6 years but you can pay for another 2 with a smog abatement fee.

Mod away but be warned if you get pulled over, they can send you to the ref (ask @SD_MK) and that means you will be putting your car back to stock.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just pay the fine, regardless if you get reffed. There was no point of me putting my shit back to stock because i still had to pay for the inspection, the smog and THEN the fee to california which totaled out to $800.. $100 for each inspection at the Ref (x2), and then around $600 for the fee to CA. I could've just paid the fee and cut my losses but it was my first time getting reffed. Sooo now i know. 🙄 Everyone was telling me to just pay the fee, fuck putting your car back to stock... should've listened. If i just paid the fee, i would've paid like $650 instead of $800 total. 🙄

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Oh, and welcome to the "other side" of the tracks. I use to own an Evo, @Evolution still has his. Modded since day 1 lmao. Got rid of it to get the SupMW
I actually sold mine like a week ago haha. Everything is for sale for the right price! Kind of hard to say no to an offer that is $15k higher than what I bought the car for.

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its technically 6 years but you can pay for another 2 with a smog abatement fee.

Mod away but be warned if you get pulled over, they can send you to the ref (ask @SD_MK) and that means you will be putting your car back to stock.
I know the game I have 09 STi that's moderately modded and I'm actually dreading next year cuz it's due for smog again. I was just surprised that they moved it to 8 years rather than 5 and also I got reffed b4 way back in late 2000 just had to put the stock dp in and left the cat back then got checked off.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
if u want buy a catted dp, and a valved exhaust and a closed box intake, most will never know

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just waiting for my exhaust and catted dp to come in. It's been 3 months and still waiting for hks exhaust but the dp should be here by next week.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Or just be like me
A9ADC8CE-2826-40CB-8C50-551809BB231A.jpeg

Titan Catless DP, FTP Intake inlet, CTS chargepipe and K&N air filter. Cop popped my hood, stared at it hard as fuck, didn't see anything and still asked me about my exhaust. Lol keep the engine bay dusty too, make it look untouched like you bought the car and never bothered popping the hood before. Lol. Most feds in Cali don't know what they're looking at most of the time, but the ones that do are the ones that usually let you go with a slap on the wrist since it's a HIGH chance they are car enthusiast too. Just don't do anything stupid that'll get you pulled over... like speeding.... uhhm... yeah... i did that... 💀

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Or just be like me
A9ADC8CE-2826-40CB-8C50-551809BB231A.jpeg

Titan Catless DP, FTP Intake inlet, CTS chargepipe and K&N air filter. Cop popped my hood, stared at it hard as fuck, didn't see anything and still asked me about my exhaust. Lol keep the engine bay dusty too, make it look untouched like you bought the car and never bothered popping the hood before. Lol. Most feds in Cali don't know what they're looking at most of the time, but the ones that do are the ones that usually let you go with a slap on the wrist since it's a HIGH chance they are car enthusiast too. Just don't do anything stupid that'll get you pulled over... like speeding.... uhhm... yeah... i did that... 💀
The give away on my wife's supra is the carbon intake box lol it's over when they see that normally this type of cars cops leave alone unless u have obnoxiously loud exhaust and like u said speeding or anything that can attract unwanted attention.
20220315_160602.jpg

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
normally this type of cars cops leave alone
Oh boy oh boy oh boy... my car is YELLOW. you have to be color blind or blind as a bat to not see it. LOL. In my most incognito, fly under the radar mode, i get stank looks every time i pass by either karen's or feds.

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh boy oh boy oh boy... my car is YELLOW. you have to be color blind or blind as a bat to not see it. LOL, i get stank looks every time i pass by either karen's or feds.
I edited my post and attached the pic we're both nitro Yellow owners lol

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well then, enjoy the attention! LMAO, cause you're gonna get it whether you like it or not hahahaha
I'm not gonna lie when I get the chance to drive it I get lots of attention just by pulling up lol my wife gets Revved up alot on her way to work or get asked at the stop light when her window is down lol its a magnet
Sponsored