So I messed up… First Time Poster!

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Got a Rexspeed Carbon steering wheel. Super excited! Decided to follow a video to easily remove and replace. I’ve got some experience with the process as I switched my paddle shifters a few months ago.

While remove those very paddle shifters THIS time, I managed to screw up a bit…
image.jpg

So now I’m searching all over the internet to no avail trying to either find a replacement to this piece, or the entire wiring harness and not having much luck.

Can anyone help? Can’t seem to locate part numbers and anything I think I DO find, there’s no picture to confirm it’s what I really need.

Please help!
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Super glue it back? That’s what I would do. Or just crimp together using a coupler.

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
I can likely glue the blue pieces together but the actual silver called red wires won’t fit back into the blue I’m holding in the picture. They bend with any applied pressure.

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
If I can figure out how to get the silver capped wires to stay in place or back into the holes, I’d be fine but if not, I’ll need to purchase a new piece.

A.J.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra M/T
Looks like the crimped piece on the red wires broke as well. You will probably have to replace the wiring at a minimum, unless you are really handy with wiring and can re-crimp new connectors and get a new plug (blue piece). You might want to check with the member doing the magnetic paddle shift mod as he is making new harnesses like what you need for that project, he might be able to help you find the parts you need or sell you a replacement harness.

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Looks like the crimped piece on the red wires broke as well. You will probably have to replace the wiring at a minimum, unless you are really handy with wiring and can re-crimp new connectors and get a new plug (blue piece). You might want to check with the member doing the magnetic paddle shift mod as he is making new harnesses like what you need for that project, he might be able to help you find the parts you need or sell you a replacement harness.
Do you know his username by chance?

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
You just need to depin the broken connectors, de pin the new plugs, and replace. Should be a 4 mins affair with a sewing needle

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
unless you are really handy with wiring and can re-crimp
I'm being one hundred percent serious when I say this, even though it sounds like I'm being a dick, I promise I am not. But, my 12 year old daughter almost always crimps the wiring for me. My car has several custom harnesses for things in the engine area. There's really nothing to it. Cut those ends off, buy a new connector end deal linked above, slap both sides of the wires into butt connectors, squeeze with pliers, done. This is a 2 minute job, and fun!

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
I'm being one hundred percent serious when I say this, even though it sounds like I'm being a dick, I promise I am not. But, my 12 year old daughter almost always crimps the wiring for me. My car has several custom harnesses for things in the engine area. There's really nothing to it. Cut those ends off, buy a new connector end deal linked above, slap both sides of the wires into butt connectors, squeeze with pliers, done. This is a 2 minute job, and fun!
thanks for the response; I didn’t take it as being a dick, lol. Gives me reassurance I won’t mess this up further. Really careful about my Supra!

A.J.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra M/T
I dont disagree with you, but some people aren't comfortable with tools or doing things like that for whatever reason.

As long as there's enough free space in the steering wheel for extra wires and butt connectors, the actual connector pins may have to be replaced, which is a bit more finicky than a standard butt connector.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
the actual connector pins may have to be replaced, which is a bit more finicky than a standard butt connector.
Pin tools are $1. Still easy as pie. I'd repin, with a butt connector for this job. No solder needed. There is plenty of room in the wheel for extra goodies.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 18.22.14.png

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
How do I determine which of these wires is “positive/negative” or does that not matter for this? The new make/female pieces that were linked above came in and anxious to get this fixed! Have the wires stripped but need to ensure I do this correctly.

thanks!
image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored