OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Massive Anime fan, have been since I first saw Akira back in about 1993.

Now my kids are grown up I have got back into it in a massive way, watched so much over the last couple of years.

I even write fanfiction for "Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?" 172k Views, so I can't be doing bad.

I just finished Gate last night, rather enjoyed it.

Recently:

"Vivy - Fluorite eyes song" Time travel anime about an idol singer AI. Amazing animation and the story is by the author of Re:Zero, so if your a Re:Zero fan, you will enjoy it.

"Odd Taxi." A story about a taxi driver who is accidentally involved in a murder, actually an exploration of mental illness. Rather brilliant.

"To Your Eternity." Impossible to explain this one, really good.

"Don't toy with me Miss Nagatoro." Highschool girl gets a crush on a nerd. She can't express her emotions, so bullies the shit out of him instead. (Actually rather wholesome.)

Other recommendations:

Attack on Titan

Girls und Panzer

Steins;Gate.

The devil is a part timer. (New season coming yay!)

Overlord.

Made in Abyss (Be warned, horror)

Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon?

Wonder Egg Piority

Spice and Wolf

And how could we forget Initial D?
Dang... your first anime was 2 years before i was born lol, nice to see that there are older anime fans too, i always felt anime was frowned upon by especially since the older japanese people themselves don't glorify anime the way us westerners do lol.
You can always take it off if you don’t like it ?
Removal of a waifu is forbidden in my books, if she goes on, she has to stay on... ? lol
@Webweasel - Exactly the same here... well, except for the kids part - but if we'd wanted any, they'd be grown by now I'm sure. Speedracer started it... despite being horrible IMO - but Akira and GITS cemented the addiction.

Recently I've done a couple of the Netflix originals... but definitely not a fan of their production of Darwin's Game so far... it's quite lacking vs. the manga. Live action version of Alice in Borderland is actually quite good.

No 2D waifus though... have a 3D "old school version" I prefer sitting in my car. Plus I get enough of the "midlife crisis, huh?" looks getting out of a nitro yellow MKV as it is. Anime vinyls would take that to a creepy level I'm not prepared to confront. :p

I generally love any post-apocalyptic or cybernetic plotlines... but for some reason most battle-suit/mecha stuff makes me retch. Go figure.
Bro that's nothing, you should see my parents getting out of my dad's yellow GS C7 with disabled veteran plates. #midlifecrisisstarterpack ? i've been trying to have him take my car around before but now that the car is downpipe'd and tuned, i'd rather not give the old man a heart attack trying to catch traction. ??
My all time favorite anime is pretty much any Gundam series in the Universal Century. I also like Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, DBZ/Super and a few others. Watched Demon Slayer along with the movie and if you didn't cry during the movie, you don't have a soul.
Big fan of demon slayer here bro, i have hanafuda earrings i wear casually sometimes and have many keychains and peekers, especially Nezuko ones. ? i watched the movie with my boys when it came out, i didn't cry though.... i just got fucking pissed at that pussy ass upper 3. ??
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, i know i have these listed on my watchlist but i'm getting a lot of SAO and Attack on Titan recommendations either from here or even with my other friends, definitely gonna start either one of those next after i finish To Love Ru lol

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Big fan of demon slayer here bro, i have hanafuda earrings i wear casually sometimes and have many keychains and peekers, especially Nezuko ones. ? i watched the movie with my boys when it came out, i didn't cry though.... i just got fucking pissed at that pussy ass upper 3. ??
Yo Akaza was a freakin beast, that entire fight scene was amazing. I just wish I saw it in Imax but my friends were being cheap lol.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Dang, i know i have these listed on my watchlist but i'm getting a lot of SAO and Attack on Titan recommendations either from here or even with my other friends, definitely gonna start either one of those next after i finish To Love Ru lol
Both are fantastic, I loved SAO... be sure to do Gun Gale and Alfheim as well, afterward. Shino is almost as endearing a character as Asuna... almost. ;) Attack on Titan is another one that I preferred the Manga to the Anime... but both are good. Definitely not as lighthearted as SAO universe though... if you can call being trapped in a death game "lighthearted" that is.

Nothing major but Bleach is my all time. I'd give up an organ for another Ulquiora and Ichigo fight.
Yeah Bleach, Inuyasha, GITS, and Cowboy Bebop are the few that I actually splurged and bought all of the box sets of. Every few years I run through them again. Netflix live action of Bleach was horrible IMO... some things are just way better in 2D. o_O

Last edited:
OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yo Akaza was a freakin beast, that entire fight scene was amazing. I just wish I saw it in Imax but my friends were being cheap lol.
Yeah i agree, the fight animations were off the chain for Mugen Train, Rengoku just deserved justice for me lol, but yeah, Akaza was legit, amazing how they incorporated Martial Arts into a franchise that relies heavily on swords and breathing techniques. ?
Coward breathing, 5th form; run from Tanjiro. ?

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Both are fantastic, I loved SAO... be sure to do Gun Gale and Alfheim as well, afterward. Shino is almost as endearing a character as Asuna... almost. ;) Attack on Titan is another one that I preferred the Manga to the Anime... but both are good. Definitely not as lighthearted as SAO universe though... if you can call being trapped in a death game "lighthearted" that is.
Yeah gotchu, i've seen lighthearted animes, BUUUUT then again i have seen animes with a twisted turn... for instance... Future Diary... definite anime to watch if you wanna gain some sort of attraction to Yanderes. ??

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
B4215FA6-77C6-4849-83E4-62D49B15A285.jpeg
2B1F94E1-2D08-4A38-A8A6-06FAA758E0A7.jpeg

And just like that, my car is in a manga lol. ?

edit: for those who want to know, the Manga is called GT-giRl.

Last edited:

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I LOVE anime. I feel like I’ve watched over 300 titles. I have Crunchyroll, Funimation and of course Netflix & Amazon Prime.

My top 3 animes are Re:Zero, Kill la Kill and Demon Slayer. I can watch those 3 over & over but have many other animes I love. If anyone needs to some recommendations let me know.

Also, I love OutxLoves Supra wrap. If I could afford something like that I would do something similar in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE anime. I feel like I’ve watched over 300 titles. I have Crunchyroll, Funimation and of course Netflix & Amazon Prime.

My top 3 animes are Re:Zero, Kill la Kill and Demon Slayer. I can watch those 3 over & over but have many other animes I love. If anyone needs to some recommendations let me know.

Also, I love OutxLoves Supra wrap. If I could afford something like that I would do something similar in a heartbeat.
Kill la Kill.. ahhh, a man of culture... ?

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Re:Zero, I need to start watching that. But yes, Kill La Kill is among my favorites as well with just how damn over the top it is.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I used to watch animes when I was younger. I loved watching Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto and Death Note.
crazy as it is... i've never started watching Naruto.... i've seen some episodes, but not fully binge watch... partially because when i was still in middle school, all my friends were naruto fans except me, i was heavily into Dragonball.. so they would tell me how the Naruto universe would fuck up the DBZ universe, but then they get butthurt when i tell them that Krillin and Yamcha is all that would be needed to take out of the whole Naruto universe lol ? then came one punch man....

Genji

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My old Z, but planning on doing something crazy on my supra now. DBZ AoT Demon Slayer are for me

unnamed.jpg

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
SAO is one of my favorites. Unpopular opinion, I actually like ALO and GGO arcs. As well as Alicization :D

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SAO is one of my favorites. Unpopular opinion, I actually like ALO and GGO arcs. As well as Alicization :D
I liked ALO as well! Didn't think there was a considerable amount of people who didn't like that arc. GGO was great in the beginning imo. Sleeping Knights was just depressing
Sponsored