FIXED: Speaker hiss even when muted?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Question about these rear speakers ..

I just picked up my 2020 Supra last week (Premium) and the rear speakers (ones by your head) don't output any audio whatsoever, even when fiddling with the fader, etc etc.

Are these speakers supposed to work for whatever music is being played? Or are they only for the "fake car sounds" that the car outputs from factory?
One thing to check is whether or not the "surround" option is selected. Personally I think it sucks... but IIRC when I unchecked that option the rears were much more muted. This was before I moved the fader 100% to the front. So it might be unchecked in your case as well.
Sponsored

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
One thing to check is whether or not the "surround" option is selected. Personally I think it sucks... but IIRC when I unchecked that option the rears were much more muted. This was before I moved the fader 100% to the front. So it might be unchecked in your case as well.
Good to know! That idea crossed my mind, but I have yet to test that theory - I shall after work today!

I did the DIY sub box mod yesterday and sounds loads better, but only hearing the bass from the sub in the backside of the car,feels like there is a lot of sound lacking. Needs audio from the back, as well.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It will help... but - there is just "a lot of sound lacking" no matter what you do. ;)

On the one hand, driving in traffic on the freeway makes me extremely dissatisfied with the sound - even with several mods. On the other hand, with the engine above 5K on some twisty mountain roads... suddenly it's one of the best systems I've ever heard!
Sponsored