Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PREDATOR786

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
The vent actually looks like it is on the rear quarter. They may have covered a portion of it but even at that shape it could very well be functional.

Does anyone else feel the hatch looks really flat from that angle?

Shout out to the Supra MK5 facebook page that posted the image earlier today.
Sponsored

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
if the vent is on the quarter panel then we're in business but I was pretty sure the doors go pretty far back, didn't think there would be room between the door and the rear wheel wells..

..and yea this angle makes it look a bit odd

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lets hope the next spy shot shows non BMW mirrors and a set more like the 86 instead or I can wait for Geneva and hope they go this route

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
if the vent is on the quarter panel then we're in business but I was pretty sure the doors go pretty far back, didn't think there would be room between the door and the rear wheel wells..

..and yea this angle makes it look a bit odd
That vent is on the door for sure, but that doesn't mean that its not functional.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
That vent is on the door for sure, but that doesn't mean that its not functional.
eh, while I would love for that to be true, it is very difficult to see them engineer basically a hole in the door especially for a slit that small lol.

Last edited:

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF! Damn I wanna make it rain on her.

Why oh why didn't the photographer get a picture of the rear end, I want to see dat ass and hips with the cladding off.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Just remember guys, the vent has always been on the door!

Toyota-FT-1_Concept-2014-wallpaper.jpg
right but that's not what we're saying. the rear vents on the FT1 were mainly on the rear quarter panel sorta of like the mkiv's. the production mkv doesnt have back seats and so proportions are quite different. now we're looking about the vent being entirely on the door, and just being a slit as opposed to an intake look, which probably means its also fake. happy to be proven wrong about this one by toyota :love:

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Nevermind FT1 vent is in the QP just cuts through the door...my bad

Last edited:

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they switched from the 3 leds in the lights to 6 just like best car shows

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
there are a few more things that are going to surprise folks, but that pic gives away a decent amount lol

I honestly believe that magazine render is a strategic leak designed to pump up Geneva.

man, I can't wait to see people's reactions to the rear.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Based on Toyota's idea of a sporty wheel on their current models, I had my doubts that they would design something decent for the Supra. That looks great though.

Fake vents or not, and with horrendous fender gap, this thing is looking good.
Yes those wheels look terrific. Kudos to Toyota for not following the latest fad for diamond-cut wheels, most of which are hideous.

On the fender gap - this car is on a trailer so there may be shipping chocks in the springs that give it this lifted look.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.