Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It looks like the cladding off the passenger shoulder is off as well.
Definitely, huge improvement. But the hood still seems awkwardly high. Hopefully that is only due to cladding that's still stacked on top of it.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
there are a few more things that are going to surprise folks, but that pic gives away a decent amount lol

I honestly believe that magazine render is a strategic leak designed to pump up Geneva.

man, I can't wait to see people's reactions to the rear.
Rear?

Oh...Shit.

Vents, everywhere

OP
OP
PREDATOR786

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
there are a few more things that are going to surprise folks, but that pic gives away a decent amount lol

I honestly believe that magazine render is a strategic leak designed to pump up Geneva.

This!

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Active suspension?
I'd be very surprised if this car did not have adaptive shocks, everything new in this market segment now offers them - but that form of active suspension typically does not adjust ride height.

It's just possible they have implemented some other form of ride height adjustability to prevent the nose from scraping on ramps etc, but that is tech that is typically seen only on very pricey sports/GT cars. Can't see them putting it on a base $40k model.

Last edited:

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50

When you say surprise, is that directed at the cars design or performance or price?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
well, i think all three of those will surprise folks to varying degrees, but at the same time I feel most of you have a good grasp of what to expect.

it's the small things sometimes, like those vents in the picture above.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Why do you guys assume the vents are fake? We can't tell from those photos, and even if the quarter vent is in the door that doesn't mean it doesn't feed into the quarter to cool the brakes. Making a duct channel go from a door into the body is not that hard, (in fact just about every Toyota ever has had vents in the door jams, for different reasons of course). And of course the quarter vents are going to be smaller. The concept cars were big enough to feed or cool a mid-engined car, they were for show. This is as big as they need to be now just to cool brakes.

Also keep this in mind. There is only 2 reasons the vents on the latest mule are now exposed. 1) Toyota wanted us to see them (unlikely), or 2) they are functional and they are testing that they actually work.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Why do you guys assume the vents are fake? We can't tell from those photos, and even if the quarter vent is in the door that doesn't mean it doesn't feed into the quarter to cool the brakes. Making a duct channel go from a door into the body is not that hard, (in fact just about every Toyota ever has had vents in the door jams, for different reasons of course). And of course the quarter vents are going to be smaller. The concept cars were big enough to feed or cool a mid-engined car, they were for show. This is as big as they need to be now just to cool brakes.

Also keep this in mind. There is only 2 reasons the vents on the latest mule are now exposed. 1) Toyota wanted us to see them (unlikely), or 2) they are functional and they are testing that they actually work.
^ Well argued. :thumbsup:

In addition, from a marketing standpoint Toyota will want to avoid anything that gives the car a downmarket, "ricer" image - hence the very classy production wheels seen here, and the relatively modest lip spoiler or retractable wing instead of a garish fixed wing. Toyota will be well aware of the opprobrium the Civic Type R received for the faux vents Honda put in the lower corners of its front and rear fascias and the many aero do-dads added to the body.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.