Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
there are a few more things that are going to surprise folks, but that pic gives away a decent amount lol

I honestly believe that magazine render is a strategic leak designed to pump up Geneva.

man, I can't wait to see people's reactions to the rear.
Why can’t we at least see the ducktail spoiler in this latest spyshot. Without the spoiler, it really gives the rear end a flat look. Also, without the clad, the rear hips don’t blend in as prominently as I thought they would. Again, all this might change at release in Geneva. Overall, i like what i see so far!
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Set in the 2020's where self-driving electric cars are ubiquitous and gasoline-powered cars are an endangered species limited only to motorsports, the story focuses on 19-year-old Kanata Livington—a genius driver who goes back to Japan after graduating at the top of the class at a racing school in England, and Aiba Jun—an MFG racer aiming to be the best

That's the plot

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I don't think we'll be waiting till Geneva,

Something is going to be revealed near the date for ultimate hype
I hope so, other automakers have already unveiled their stuff within the last two weeks.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
nice, looks very promising. finally all those people whining about how watered down the car would be because they didnt see air vents, wide hips, and etc can shut up now!

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
there are a few more things that are going to surprise folks, but that pic gives away a decent amount lol

I honestly believe that magazine render is a strategic leak designed to pump up Geneva.

man, I can't wait to see people's reactions to the rear.
A70 you beleive....or know it was a strategic leak?

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Why do you guys assume the vents are fake? We can't tell from those photos, and even if the quarter vent is in the door that doesn't mean it doesn't feed into the quarter to cool the brakes. Making a duct channel go from a door into the body is not that hard, (in fact just about every Toyota ever has had vents in the door jams, for different reasons of course). And of course the quarter vents are going to be smaller. The concept cars were big enough to feed or cool a mid-engined car, they were for show. This is as big as they need to be now just to cool brakes.

Also keep this in mind. There is only 2 reasons the vents on the latest mule are now exposed. 1) Toyota wanted us to see them (unlikely), or 2) they are functional and they are testing that they actually work.
1) Those front vents just look like solid patterned plastic to me. There are a lot of cars with that sort of thing going on, including Toyota products. Of course, it's not a perfect shot so I could be seeing it wrong.

But more importantly, 2) what would be the purpose of the rear vents? I very much doubt there are radiators in the back. Brake cooling ducts tend to be positioned much lower in line with the wheel hubs. If you look at cars with functional brake ducts, they don't look like that.

And 3) if functional they would have needed to test these before, particularly on places like the nurburgring.

For what that's worth.

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
It is already said there are side skirts but what about the front bumper?And if you look closely you will see even more details like the rendering so i strongly believe the rear will look like the rendering too!Which is good :headbang:

InkedSUPRA_LI2.jpg

View attachment 5562

View attachment 5564

2018_10.jpg

2018_09.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

GhostRai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Toyota Sequoia
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be so sure if those wheels are production, they look VERY similar, if not the same as the 2017+ 86 wheels (which are 17"). IIRC, the leaked specs say the base model comes with 17's?

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
Starting to like it a lot.... Minimal and aggressive wheels.... Just as it should....
The only design drawback of the production car i see is the short back end with the duck tail and rear glass extending up to the end due to the platform size limitations.
Doesn't have the JZA80 smooth rear end curve and length that balances the long front bonnet.
With a Top Secret wide body kit, rear bonnet lip spoiler extension to give the longer rear end feeling, VOLK TE37s ULTRAs, lowering coilover suspension kit, a full titanium exhaust system, 400+hp boost-up menu and a big front mount intercooler, carbon roof, i can almost imagine it in OPTION2 Magazine cover....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.