Featured Sport Auto Awards Supra The Best Handling Car 2020 Title

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by Nurburgring, May 21, 2020.

1. Nurburgring

Nurburgring Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
    Liked:
    This has been posted on the "comments from the web..." topic.

But this is Sport Auto, the pinnacle of performance car magazines. It`s just not logical to have this video on the same page and level of significance with a bunch of click-bait youtubers which know very little about performance driving.

A few screenshots out of this test comments, which hit the nail on the head.

IMG_9865.PNG IMG_9866.PNG IMG_9867.PNG IMG_9868.PNG IMG_9869.PNG IMG_9872.PNG IMG_9875.PNG

2. MA617M

MA617M Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    lots
    Liked:
    Engineer
    Nail - Head

These guys have been at the forefront of sports car testing for years

To compare them to decrepit white boys who still wear jeans and trainers is criminal.

John8, Bryster and hanswurst24 like this.
  3. bigcat

bigcat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Supra 3.0 Premium
    Liked:
    I can feel how much these dudes hate the confusing xxx modes on recent cars
    :agree:

digicidal likes this.
  4. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, MK7 Golf, AZW LE Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I mean, I have to agree. I rode in a Focus RS, and it is a very odd car to control IMO. When it power oversteers, you can tell that the chassis really doesn't want to slide. The only thing making it is the rear diff obliterating the outside rear tire. It's very unpredictable to me as you literally have to mash the gas just to keep it neutral. I hate that feeling of ingenuity in a car. It breeds a lack of confidence.

5. iconicshade

iconicshade Member

First Name:
    Nicolas
    Car(s):
    2007 Civic SI HFP, 1996 BMW M3
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Besides the fact they're white and wearing jeans right?

6. Hakkim23

Hakkim23 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Basith
    Car(s):
    2002 Toyota Camry
    Liked:
    I think this car deserves this reward
    Yes there are cars like the 718 and M2 but the Supra really stands out among its competitors and is also pretty attainable
    I hope I get to test drive this car to see how good of a car it is

kappa_md likes this.
  7. kappa_md

kappa_md Active Member

Car(s):
    2017 Toyota GR 86 (White), 2012 Toyota Corolla Altis (Silver), 2012 Toyota Yaris (Black)
    Liked:
    Awesome! I'm actually excited the GR Supra is recognized (and awarded) as a great handling sports car! Already with two German car magazines, giving praise and outstanding reviews, confirming and adding another feather to the laurel of achievements attained by the GR Supra ("Best Sports Car" in the 2019 Golden Steering Wheel Award) Tada-san, as the father of the 86, made sure that all the good qualities of the 86/BRZ was brought also to the GR Supra and gave it even more! I actually expected great things with the GR Supra especially when you have the best of both German & Japanese auto industry, (German engineering & parts, Japanese tuning & reliability) working together to achieve something great only for us, the consumers/enthusiasts to benefit! Not to mention the value you get for the driving experience, fun, performance and prestige that comes with the Supra.

8. Gearbangin

Gearbangin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
    Liked:
    As somebody who tracked the car pretty much off the dealer lot (See Avatar) I agree. Bone stock the car is amazing on the track I was chasing done Shelby GT350's driven by an instructor. My buddy ran into him in the lunch line and he was very impressed with the Supra. It punches far about its weight class for sure,