Stage 2 Custom Dyno Tune Results

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I finally got my car on the dyno today for a custom tune.

Mods are Active Autowerke catted downpipe, HKS drop in filter and stage 2 custom dyno tune.

The baseline pull showed 309whp/365wtq but that was with the AA downpipe already installed so it's not really representative of a stock car. On 93 the stage 2 tune made 372whp and 466lb ft tq on a mustang dyno. The tune alone added 63whp and 101wtq on top of the downpipe and HKS drop-in. If I use Active Autowerke's stock vs. downpipe only delta numbers, the total looks something like +81whp and +114 wtq.

I still have the JB4 so I'll probably log a pull and see if BMS can supply me with a map for when I decide to run some E30 in the car. I also have an Eventuri intake on the way so the engine will probably pick up a bit more horsepower and torque from that.

supra dyno.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
satindragon

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I want to say I saw ~20HP gain from a downpipe and a factory tune. So your estimates are probably pretty close to correct. What was this tuned on?
Hi Marin,

The shop didn't disclose their tuning software. They just said that "it's our own tuning solution". The shop is Solo Motorsports in Atlanta. Would you say these numbers are inline with what you guys would expect to see for a custom tune given my mods?

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I know dynos all read different, but this seems low to me....this is a dynojet too....not a heartbreaker. Im getting the same DP as you, catted, Im dynoing this weekend with bm3 ots 91s1, Ill post up

OP
OP
satindragon

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I know dynos all read different, but this seems low to me....this is a dynojet too....not a heartbreaker. Im getting the same DP as you, catted, Im dynoing this weekend with bm3 ots 91s1, Ill post up
This tuning was done on a Mustang (aka hearbreaker) dyno. According to the shop, equivalent dynojet numbers are 427whp and 535lb ft wtq.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
This tuning was done on a Mustang (aka hearbreaker) dyno. According to the shop, equivalent dynojet numbers are 427whp and 535lb ft wtq.
ahhh ok, my mistake...that actually seems inline with what I was hoping/thinking these mods would do

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless of dyno used, HP increased by 22% (using your approximation of 81hp gain from stock). This is the only "number" you could use for comparison from dyno to dyno and it looks to be inline with what others are getting with catted downpipes.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Regardless of dyno used, HP increased by 22% (using your approximation of 81hp gain from stock). This is the only "number" you could use for comparison from dyno to dyno and it looks to be inline with what others are getting with catted downpipes.
+1

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hi Marin,

The shop didn't disclose their tuning software. They just said that "it's our own tuning solution". The shop is Solo Motorsports in Atlanta. Would you say these numbers are inline with what you guys would expect to see for a custom tune given my mods?
I would say the numbers are more on the conservative side. There should be more available but some of the limiers take quite some effort to find. I'll thoss a stock map on the next STG2 car we get on the dyno and see what we get, as its been many monthis since I have done that and I was on a friends dyno at the time so I cannot pull it up to cross reference it.. But if my memory serves correct we are actually getting a tad more % gain with 91 octane here, but we have put a lot of effort into pushing the cars this far and have done a lot of actual road testing to verify it.

OP
OP
satindragon

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing your stage 2 percentage gains.

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
Has anyone had trouble with the flexible hose piece blowing out its clamps on a FTP Motorsport B58 Charge Pipe Kit after a tune? Great tune (stage 2 boot mod 93) but I am going to upgrade my clamps to stainless steel T clamps. Any other suggestions.

I added the best T clamps I could find with the same result. Any suggestions. Could someone from FTP Motorsport give me some advice. I am very pleased with the quality of the aluminium pipes and the welds (top class workmanship) I just cannot get thie hose connector to stay on under power and I am concerned about damaging my turbo. Has anyone out there with a FTP Motorsport B58 Charge Pipe Kit give me some feedbacki about their experience please.

Last edited:

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Has anyone had trouble with the flexible hose piece blowing out its clamps on a FTP Motorsport B58 Charge Pipe Kit after a tune? Great tune (stage 2 boot mod 93) but I am going to upgrade my clamps to stainless steel T clamps. Any other suggestions.

I added the best T clamps I could find with the same result. Any suggestions. Could someone from FTP Motorsport give me some advice. I am very pleased with the quality of the aluminium pipes and the welds (top class workmanship) I just cannot get thie hose connector to stay on under power and I am concerned about damaging my turbo. Has anyone out there with a FTP Motorsport B58 Charge Pipe Kit give me some feedbacki about their experience please.
I blew my charge pipe clamp shortly after i put mine on. I just tightened it and i never had another problem. If the tune is off the boost presure on shift can get pretty high and could give extra issue.

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
I blew my charge pipe clamp shortly after i put mine on. I just tightened it and i never had another problem. If the tune is off the boost presure on shift can get pretty high and could give extra issue.
Thanks for the advice. I added the T clamps and tightned them to the max but still blew out the pipe connector three times. I retuned the car to a bootmod stage 1 and have not had any trouble. Still heaps of power and torque, so I will stick with this for a while.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Thanks for the advice. I added the T clamps and tightned them to the max but still blew out the pipe connector three times. I retuned the car to a bootmod stage 1 and have not had any trouble. Still heaps of power and torque, so I will stick with this for a while.
You may have lots of overboost on shift. I can take a look if you want to send me a private message with a log file.
Sponsored