Steering Intervention Issue

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. Having an issue with the steering intervention still kicking in when it thinks the car is doing a lane departure, even when it's all turned off in the Supra Safety menu and when the button is pressed for 3 seconds.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Do you have the warning off or the steering intervention off? It sounds like you’re changing the warning settings.

When I owned my Supra, I had turned off the steering intervention, leaving the warning on... that achieved the desired result.

Look on page 219 of the Supra manual.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Yup, I’ve had this. Steering intervention off and it would still activate sometimes. Very rarely though. I toggled it on and then off and it is ok now. It seemed to present itself as an issue only after I setup my wife’s profile in the settings. I think it’s a bug in the software. Damn cars are like computers now with all the potential for software bugs as them.

OP
OP

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks for the feedback. Glad I'm not the only one having this issue with the lane departure being off (yet still kicking in randomly). Really annoying when you're trying to change lanes and the steering wheel tries to fight you. Will bring it up with the dealer and see if there's an update.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks for the feedback. Glad I'm not the only one having this issue with the lane departure being off (yet still kicking in randomly). Really annoying when you're trying to change lanes and the steering wheel tries to fight you. Will bring it up with the dealer and see if there's an update.
It intervenes when you’re changing lanes and using a blinker?

OP
OP

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I don't remember if it happens with the turn signal on. It happens randomly. But it's not supposed to happen at all when lane departure is set to "off" and the steering intervention box is unchecked in the Supra Safety menu. The only way to completely disable it is to push the Supra Safety System button on the console for 3 seconds but that disables all the features including front collision warning (which I want to keep).

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Again, I only unchecked the steering intervention box and never experienced it again.

OP
OP

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yup, I’ve had this. Steering intervention off and it would still activate sometimes. Very rarely though. I toggled it on and then off and it is ok now. It seemed to present itself as an issue only after I setup my wife’s profile in the settings. I think it’s a bug in the software. Damn cars are like computers now with all the potential for software bugs as them.
Took your advice and reset the driver profile. That fixed the issue. Thx

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I've had similar issues (but different). I basically don't have any vibration at all (or even on strong it's so weak it's lost in the road feedback). But yeah resetting the profile and messing with the BSM got it working again when it just stopped working a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

I'll pointlessly have the dealership check everything just so it's in my service record... not like I expect them to actually know what to do about it - since oil changes and battery registrations still confuse them apparently...:rofl:

OP
OP

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah the dealer was clueless about any of this. They almost seemed annoyed that BMW has so much to do with the car.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I've had similar issues (but different). I basically don't have any vibration at all (or even on strong it's so weak it's lost in the road feedback). But yeah resetting the profile and messing with the BSM got it working again when it just stopped working a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

I'll pointlessly have the dealership check everything just so it's in my service record... not like I expect them to actually know what to do about it - since oil changes and battery registrations still confuse them apparently...:rofl:
Yeah, I've had my vibration disappear to almost nothing as well even though it's set to strong. Doesn't bother me enough to reset though. All this driving assistance complexity I could do without.........except for the cruise control radar. That is great and works well.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tip: Place a microUSB card in the center console and save your Profile settings so you can back them up easily in case it happens again in the future. Also helps restoring your settings if any updates are done to the system.

OP
OP

Samir

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks for the tip. It actually reverted back, so now I have to reset the driver profile again.

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
Tip: Place a microUSB card in the center console and save your Profile settings so you can back them up easily in case it happens again in the future. Also helps restoring your settings if any updates are done to the system.
What's a microUSB card? I can't find one anywhere.
Sponsored