Steering Wheel Ebay Option

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Anyone buy one of these? issues quality...was it easy to transfer over from OEM any issues?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-...hDarwoV3BBEV2b&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Cant justify the cost of the carbontastic steering wheels as much as I like them.
Current steering wheel does not feel nice in the hand just too thin.
Steering wheel is so ugly.

Anyone know if the BMW Z4 Steering wheel will fit the A90?
Sponsored

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
go to eastcoastsupra.com or vqcustomcarbon.com. No Core needed and you get to customize your wheel for the same price as ebay from a known vendor.

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
go to eastcoastsupra.com or vqcustomcarbon.com. No Core needed and you get to customize your wheel for the same price as ebay from a known vendor.
Thanks. Appreciate the response. I cannot believe that you can actually order a BMW steering wheel design for the supra that will really modernize this car.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
wow this steering wheel is beautiful!!! dam this has to be my next mod. I wonder if all the buttons work perfectly as the factory one does.

a20281_ab719205f1d6464c9da234b2846d5568~mv2.jpg

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I
wow this steering wheel is beautiful!!! dam this has to be my next mod. I wonder if all the buttons work perfectly as the factory one does.

a20281_ab719205f1d6464c9da234b2846d5568~mv2.jpg
I'm blown away. I will send them an email and find out if all the buttons work and the hooter/airbag is much smaller than OEM Toyota Supra steering wheel - so how would you transfer the airbag over?? at this price it certanly wouldnt come with an airbag. I am thinking you need to get a BMW airbag which would be very pricey?

I'll email them and find out. It' so much nicer than the other wheels.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I have a version of that wheel in my daily driver (BMW 440i Gran Coupe). It's the "M-Sport" version of the 3/4 series F30/F32 BMWs. The one thing you'll have to check is airbag fitment. For BMWs, the M-sport wheels do NOT easily interchange with the regular wheels, as they have totally different airbags and mounts, you have to buy a new airbag, which is incredibly expensive, more than the wheel. I'm not certain the Supra airbag would fit the BMW M-sport wheel, honestly. Maybe it will, but you'll want to check.

Otherwise, the buttons appear to map over pretty well. What I can't 100% see is the cruise buttons; you'll need the extra buttons to set follow-distance is you have radar cruise control. I *think* that wheel includes those buttons, but it won't hurt to ask. My 440i doesn't have radar cruise, and it doesn't have the left-side buttons closest to the center.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a version of that wheel in my daily driver (BMW 440i Gran Coupe). It's the "M-Sport" version of the 3/4 series F30/F32 BMWs. The one thing you'll have to check is airbag fitment. For BMWs, the M-sport wheels do NOT easily interchange with the regular wheels, as they have totally different airbags and mounts, you have to buy a new airbag, which is incredibly expensive, more than the wheel. I'm not certain the Supra airbag would fit the BMW M-sport wheel, honestly. Maybe it will, but you'll want to check.

Otherwise, the buttons appear to map over pretty well. What I can't 100% see is the cruise buttons; you'll need the extra buttons to set follow-distance is you have radar cruise control. I *think* that wheel includes those buttons, but it won't hurt to ask. My 440i doesn't have radar cruise, and it doesn't have the left-side buttons closest to the center.
thanks for the info! yea from the pictures it seems that the air bag is smaller that's why I think it looks so much better ? the whole wheels just looks more premium. if it doesn't work out the company that Munkeeboi recommended sells the factory one with carbon and other materials.

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thanks for the info! yea from the pictures it seems that the air bag is smaller that's why I think it looks so much better ? the whole wheels just looks more premium. if it doesn't work out the company that Munkeeboi recommended sells the factory one with carbon and other materials.
Yes I agree the smaller airbag/horn is why it looks better and the structure below is much nicer. It's far more premium than any aftermarket choice out there but I think its unfortunately not an option due to airbag replacement and there the steering wheel does not cover all the buttons. I will email them anyway and find out. maybe the current OEM airbag unscrews from the housing and fits inside the BMW horn? Then its simply the radar cruise buttons which are an issue. I would hate to mess with the airbag.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I checked with the company and they said the steering wheel they sell comes with the air bad and all the buttons works as normal so its a plug and play mod.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
That helps it comes with an airbag. I'd still have a few questions. Who supplies the airbag? Is it new or repurposed. Also, I don't see where the wheel-vibration modules would fit in this? Do you lose that function? Is this a heated wheel as well?

It does look good, but you may lose certain funcionality with this. Just be aware. The description is really incomplete on that web page, honestly. It doesn't address these questions.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
That helps it comes with an airbag. I'd still have a few questions. Who supplies the airbag? Is it new or repurposed. Also, I don't see where the wheel-vibration modules would fit in this? Do you lose that function? Is this a heated wheel as well?

It does look good, but you may lose certain funcionality with this. Just be aware. The description is really incomplete on that web page, honestly. It doesn't address these questions.
^^^This!

Plus, I'm confused as to what the M1 and M2 buttons on the left side would even do in a Supra.

Also, the radar cruise control buttons are missing.

Maybe this would work better in a base model (without Driver Assist Pkg.)

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gee miissed the airbag point.
All buttons work. Maybe M1/2 are the radar buttons? Due you Think that maybe the airbag isn't certified? We need to find out more. How do they manage to sell it for this price with airbag? Just doesn't sound right? I'm in Australia is there someone in US that's close by that can check this out?

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
Aliexpress sells a supra model too....search for gr supra and they come up...you use all your hardware including your stock airbag...I ordered one yesterday! No core charge either! Also only mid $500 usd!
Sponsored

Last edited: