AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hello,

I recently installed AMS downpipe on 2021 supra, the ams downpipe doesn't go all the way into the exhaust pipe where the clamp is, it maybw goes in 1 inch, plus when I moved the exhaust to the side to install the exhaust hanger clip that was provided I noticed that one of the stock tips is half inch out more then the other.

Is this all normal with this type of install and downpipe ?
Sponsored

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
No I just did mine this weekend and you have to work the stock exhaust onto the downpipe until it seats all the way in. Not sure how you got the relocation nut on if it not seated all the way. I used a rubber mallet and tapped on the hanger to make it seat. Found it best to have the downpipe all bolted up before sliding the exhaust back on as well.

OP
OP

AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
No I just did mine this weekend and you have to work the stock exhaust onto the downpipe until it seats all the way in. Not sure how you got the relocation nut on if it not seated all the way. I used a rubber mallet and tapped on the hanger to make it seat. Found it best to have the downpipe all bolted up before sliding the exhaust back on as well.
The exhaust won't go any further, the exhaust hanger where you put the new bracket goes into comes in the way, otherwise you go way past that.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
The exhaust won't go any further, the exhaust hanger where you put the new bracket goes into comes in the way, otherwise you go way past that.

Double checked for you earlier you for sure have something wrong mine look as it should after installing it, exhaust sit where it did with the OEM pipe.

OP
OP

AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Double checked for you earlier you for sure have something wrong mine look as it should after installing it, exhaust sit where it did with the OEM pipe.
Could you please send me pictures as to how it should look like pls I'll go underneath the car today

OP
OP

AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If I remove the supplied exhaust bracket tgeb things work out, how necessary is it to keep the bracket on ?
Sponsored