Stock Rims Powder Coated

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The wheels should have been finished like this from the factory. The 2-tone is terrible in my opinion
agreed. Maybe that’s one update they should of done for the 2021. Wheel color for the base and prem editions....

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Got mine powder coated gloss black temporarily at a local shop. I wasn’t a big fan of the two-tone rims. Planning to aftermarket wheels in a couple months.

DDC3DA98-E043-4F68-850A-19AB286C1A09.jpeg

1B1DD176-0272-4A5F-8C43-70588DE9F1C1.jpeg

D909E92B-F4C9-4CBF-899E-97B64B0732C8.jpeg

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Last edited:

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. To my taste, black wheels get visually lost, to a degree, and minimize the positive aesthetic potential of a given wheel. What you've done is an example. Black wheels are everywhere...enough. The '21 Supra I have a deposit on comes with forged black wheels, and aftermarket forged wheels ain't cheap. Who did you use, and how much did it cost? Did they handle dis-mounting and re-mounting your tires? How long did they have the wheel? What are some things to look for in making the finish as durable as possible?

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looks good. To my taste, black wheels get visually lost, to a degree, and minimize the positive aesthetic potential of a given wheel. What you've done is an example. Black wheels are everywhere...enough. The '21 Supra I have a deposit on comes with forged black wheels, and aftermarket forged wheels ain't cheap. Who did you use, and how much did it cost? Did they handle dis-mounting and re-mounting your tires? How long did they have the wheel? What are some things to look for in making the finish as durable as possible?
Because of the color of my car, I had to go with gloss black. It still looks amazing even as a temporary solution until I get aftermarket BBS, Titan7 or bdforged wheels... even with the aftermarket wheels, I’ll still probably get black unless someone can convince what color rims looks good with a my turbulence gray Supra.

I did at a local shop called “Baid Polish” here in SoCal California. Cost about 400 for everything. They did dis-mounting of my tires, full powder coating, all-day drying, tire balancing and remounting of my tires. Took basically all day, dropped it off at 8am and picked it up at 5pm. One thing I recommend is not go to place who just powder coat the wheel face but do the whole wheel including inside barrel (basically removing the tire)

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I may go powder coating route once my plastic dip begins to wear away... this is safe to do and has no issues with wheel strength/integrity right? Read a few things about it being bad for wheels but wondering if that's all bs.

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I may go powder coating route once my plastic dip begins to wear away... this is safe to do and has no issues with wheel strength/integrity right? Read a few things about it being bad for wheels but wondering if that's all bs.
if it was done professionally, you won’t have any issues. The shop was recommended to me by a friend and he had aftermarket rims powder coated couple years ago ... his rims still looks great after these couple years of tracking it. One thing he recommended was to apply a ceramic coat on it to protect it from UVs. It’s cheap and simple to apply yourself