Storing an Ipod

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Ok, so I have my music library on an old Ipod I keep hooked up to the radio via a cable to the center console. Where are you all keeping these so they're out of the way and ideally not visible to thieves. I've tried the net in the passenger floor which works but is totally obvious what's there and I've also tried placing it in the passenger side seatback, routing the white cable back there over the center console. It's better there because no-one can see what the cable is hooked to ....if anything but it's still maybe tempting.

Hoping someone here has come up with a good solution. Even just getting a black cable might help.......except it's such an old Ipod it is using the pre-Lighnting connector.......whatever that is, Ha.
Sponsored

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I hate that there isn't another usb so I have my old Ipod just chilling in the wireless phone location

OP
OP

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm, was just thinking it would be nice if there was a USB in the glove box so you could just throw it in there. Then thought, eh, I can try to route the cable from the center console into the glove box via some seams in the dash and throw the Ipod in the glove box. Hmm, could work fine if I can just hide the cable enough............hmm, found a black cable for it on Amazon.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just get a USB Extension cable and route it to the glove box or just tuck it behind the center console, then just bury the cable in the cracks and crevices to give you a clean look. I would also consider a right angle adapter to help lay the cable down. You can find them both for less than $10. I can't stand seeing the wires sticking out up in the air in the center of the dash, it makes the car look cheap IMO. I don't know why they didn't put a USB port in the glove box. Most BMW have one in there so I was disappointed to find out we didn't have one installed in there.

71ub1l1BF%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51OYopRTx6L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Search amazon for black usb cables to help hide things. I use the braided variety.
Also, sticky back velcro works wonders for hiding things like this in out of the way places. It isn't permanent, and is easy to remove device if you need to occasionally. I hide garage door openers this way.

OP
OP

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks guys. At a mnimum I'll be getting a black cable to replace the white one and route this to the glove box. the white cable just screams Apple , and thieves are gonna go after it. I'd love to see a thieves face if they stole my 12 year old Ipod :rant:

OP
OP

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you tried downloading songs to JBL music library? Not sure how large memory is but I have done it & works great!

Hmmm, no, now that you mention it. I forgot that was there. Good Idea. Let me go read up on how to do that.

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
^^ I dont think that works with an iPod