OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I just wanted to say something on here after having someone come up to me about car brand loyalty and heritage:

To me, this car is like buying a pre-built gaming computer without a warranty and modifying the shit out of it. After all the modifications that have been done and will be done, it's not even the same car anymore. I'm more of a tinkerer than collector, so I could care less about a platform's legacy, heritage, roots, whatever. I just want to have something that is easy to work on and has a robust power plant.

I'd actually like to move on to something that feels more fulfilling. Like a Superformance Daytona Coupe. Just buy a roller and go at it. Akin to buying a computer chassis and just stuffing it with goodies. But I've got to start hustling a bit more before I can fork over that kind of cash.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just wanted to say something on here after having someone come up to me about car brand loyalty and heritage:

To me, this car is like buying a pre-built gaming computer without a warranty and modifying the shit out of it. After all the modifications that have been done and will be done, it's not even the same car anymore. I'm more of a tinkerer than collector, so I could care less about a platform's legacy, heritage, roots, whatever. I just want to have something that is easy to work on and has a robust power plant.

I'd actually like to move on to something that feels more fulfilling. Like a Superformance Daytona Coupe. Just buy a roller and go at it. Akin to buying a computer chassis and just stuffing it with goodies. But I've got to start hustling a bit more before I can fork over that kind of cash.
yes this. car levacy, heritage, roots, whatever is stupid.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0

Exactly. Also, at the end of the day it's YOUR car and you can do whatever you want that brings you joy. "Opinions are like ass....oles, everyone has one."

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Just ordered a set of OEM Badges to replace all the aftermarket ones. Everything I've seen and used just doesn't have a premium feel to them.

Also order the Seibon roof spoiler. I'll be selling the Aimgain roof spoiler I have.

I'm also thinking about changing up the engine bay a bit.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
FInally! Full Race Kit is ordered with Tial BOV/Wastegates. Matt at Insomnia had a spare 6466 with a T51r mod laying around (not sure how I'm going to like that noise in the long run) and I grabbed that from him as well.

Titan said that kit should be here in the next few days. Now just waiting on getting a slot for install and tuning.

Still not sure about this transmission tune, but I may go ahead and get that done while the car is there.

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
Nice! My Full Race kit will finally arrive tomorrow. Excited to see how the install goes for you. Im sure will be fast and easy with Matt doing it.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Full Race turbo kit has arrived.

Exhaust parts of the kit are being Cerakoted today and the charge pipe is getting resprayed to match the other parts under my hood.

I am keeping the turbo housing polished since it just looks so damn good.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Full Race turbo kit has arrived.

Exhaust parts of the kit are being Cerakoted today and the charge pipe is getting resprayed to match the other parts under my hood.

I am keeping the turbo housing polished since it just looks so damn good.
Slow :p

PICS

ADD PICS

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
New Seibon roof spoiler is in and doing a test fit. Like a glove.

Edit... actually like OJ's glove. I will need to take this to my body shop for flush fitment.

Seibon Roof Spoiler.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Car is on the calendar for 7/18. Should have all the hot parts ceramic coated by then. The powder coater has been backed up with work and it's taken a while to get everything back.

We're also waiting on some 2 small items for the kit from Titan Motorsport. I also grabbed a turbo blanket. The kit didn't come with one.

There will be some modification needed to get the charge pipe to work with the EOS Manifold.

All the injectors, fuel pump and ReFlex will be hooked up as well.

I'm still not sure how tuning is going to go. I want to have changeable maps, but we need to see if this ECU will allow us to do it. If now I guess i will have to use a boost controller.

After that I'm slapping Nitto 555G2 265/35 20 on the front and 555 R II 305/30 20 on the rear.
Sponsored