FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I will be overclocking.

I agree with comparing this to modding a car. Once I looked at the car as a big ass computer/Lego blocks, I was able to start working on it myself without worrying about things.

This was my first build and I can't wait to transfer my start my next one with the experience and connections I made.

Like with this PC Build I am doing, the next car build will be even better.
Love your hobbies and skills! Apologies if you already said it, are you building another Supra? Loved your previous build & video 🤩 Any chance you will use your free track day before you get too much money into her?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Love your hobbies and skills! Apologies if you already said it, are you building another Supra? Loved your previous build & video 🤩 Any chance you will use your free track day before you get too much money into her?
I am waiting to see what they will do for the 2024 model year. Seems like the things are already being revealed. Looks like Nissan will announce the 2024 GTR tonight. Hopefully Toyota is not far behind.

I am expecting there to be a $120K+ version of the Supra to be announced. If it is based on the 3.0 CSL... then I'm thinking maybe $150K+. We will see. If it just turns out that they will only offer some money stealing "A91" version, then I'll move on to another platform.

I will take this to the track if I am able to get my hands on it and if it is even real. I probably would mod it too much if at all.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I am expecting there to be a $120K+ version of the Supra to be announced.
Yeeaaaa. Don't hold your breath. I think they learned their lesson with the LFA and LC500.

The whole reason Toyota did the MK5 Supra the way they did is to NOT repeat their previous mistakes.

Ksamuel

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra gr
So... right now I'm playing the waiting game. The insurance company is just finalizing my 32 pages of receipts from my mods.

I probably won't start another build until next year. The cars I have in mind are:

2020 F-Type R
2021 Vantage
2024 Supra
Maybe a Porsche of some sort

Not really sure right now.

I still have the cloned ECU, but I am holding off on selling it until after I make a decision on what I'll do.

Do you still have the cloned ECU or did it go with the car when insurance took it?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Yeeaaaa. Don't hold your breath. I think they learned their lesson with the LFA and LC500.

The whole reason Toyota did the MK5 Supra the way they did is to NOT repeat their previous mistakes.
It would be a low volume release, so I don't think they would care since they will probably sell out on the day orders open.

Do you still have the cloned ECU or did it go with the car when insurance took it?
I have it. I'm still waiting to see what my next project will be before deciding on what to do with it.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Posted my ECU for sale. Send me a private message with a serious offer.

Reactions: zrk

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Thus, the part out begins...

What else is being listed for sale?

theblackgt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
MK5 Supra, MK7 GTI, F07 550 GT
I came here to look at something on the car only to find out about this accident... so sorry to see but glad you're alright. it was a beautiful build for sure, look forward to seeing what comes next

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The car has been sold already.
Happy for you in that regard. What a marvel piece and video you made! Hope to see you back on here with another Supra and… dare I say… on track as well 😃 Guess that would take two cars but you obviously have the money for it with that phenomenal prior build 🤑, knowledge and expertise!

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
Mimosa, found this post and read through it today morning and was saddened to see where it ended up. Glad you are OK and financially taken care of.

When you have a few minutes, please can you share details on the R1 Concepts rear BBK and how you got the parking brake to work with a fixed caliper? Thanks.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Happy for you in that regard. What a marvel piece and video you made! Hope to see you back on here with another Supra and… dare I say… on track as well 😃 Guess that would take two cars but you obviously have the money for it with that phenomenal prior build 🤑, knowledge and expertise!
I've got a ND Miata that I'm working on know. Don't know if I'll track it, but it will be track capable with all the suspension work I'm throwing in it. Once I get it to a good spot I'll take it to VIR. I want to hit about 300hp with this build. There's an Edelbrock SC for the ND2 and a fueling solution on the way from Miataspeed. I'll also need to toughen up the internals and transmission.

I'm also getting a roller to work on that will be substantially more involved and will take about 3 years to finish... maybe more.

Mimosa, found this post and read through it today morning and was saddened to see where it ended up. Glad you are OK and financially taken care of.

When you have a few minutes, please can you share details on the R1 Concepts rear BBK and how you got the parking brake to work with a fixed caliper? Thanks.
The rear BBK I ordered was one that allowed you to mount the E-brake directly to it. I remember having to do some modifications for the mounting, but I don't think it had anything to do with the E-brake.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've got a ND Miata that I'm working on know. Don't know if I'll track it, but it will be track capable with all the suspension work I'm throwing in it. Once I get it to a good spot I'll take it to VIR. I want to hit about 300hp with this build. There's an Edelbrock SC for the ND2 and a fueling solution on the way from Miataspeed. I'll also need to toughen up the internals and transmission.
Hot dammmmmmnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to see that, owning a MX5 ND myself 🤤 and your previous build skills! Are you using Brian at https://www.good-win-racing.com/?
Sponsored