StudioRSR Cage

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Rubicon Diesel
Just wanted to post up about my experience with @StudioRSR . Long story short I ordered a cage from them Sept 1, 2020. 4-6 week lead time and I still don't have it. I even called Art of Attack who sells the studiorsr cages and they also stated they've been having lengthy waits and having trouble getting in touch with them. They recommended to just keep calling until i got a hold of them. I've read the other thread citing their yelp reviews and am really hoping for the best here. But so far i've been disappointed with the lack of communication and expectations that were set by them that they couldn't meet. And those long reviews that were "fictitiously exaggerated" might hold some truth. I can assure you that my experience is fact based. I tried to leave out how i feel about the situation as much as I can.

I ordered a cage from them sept 1. Was told a 4-6 week lead time. John Sun whom I placed the order with said he’d reach out and update me early October. Never heard anything. Dillon Smith sends me an email Sept 22 asking if I want to ceramic coat my cage for an extra $145 and in the same email says production is on schedule 4-6 weeks. Sent an email on Sept 24 and John responded with “production is on track.” Reached out via email to John on oct 12 as it’s been 6 weeks from the order date and got no response. Then again via phone and email on oct 14 and left a message got no call back but Dillon responds by email and says “your cage will be done in the next week or two”. Contacted them via instagram and email on oct 21 And dillon responds via Instagram “talked to John and your cage will ship within 2 weeks”. 2 weeks pass and I send John another email and he says “your cage will be done with fabrication end of next week then off to powdercoat the week after.” Still no actual shipping date. I paid for a product that I was told would have a 4-6 week lead time which now best case will be 11+ weeks. They never reached out to let me know things would be delayed instead I have to reach out only to be told “a week or two” on three separate occasions adding up to an additional 6 weeks and counting. Honestly I think the cage looks great and hopefully the wait time is worth the quality and fitment I will demand for this lengthy wait but come on guys a little communication would go a long way in keeping me quiet and not getting frustrated. Just say from the get go it’s 4-6 months and you won’t have customers like me being upset. Underpromise. Over deliver. I’m hoping you guys find a way to make this right. I’ll update my review once I have the cage in hand and see how the install goes

* 11/3/20 John emails me nov 3 and says “I can keep you updated, early next week, with the progress of the cage.“. Well it’s now Thursday and have not received any update. In a subsequent email John also says “ I expect your cage to ship, at the latest, Nov 16th. You should expect to receive it on the week of Thanksgiving.” Let’s see if they can meet another deadline they've set for themselves.

*11/16/20 reached out to John and Dillon since I didn’t see any tracking info. Cage was supposed to ship 11/16 but it didn’t. Now they said it will ship 11/17. Let’s see if they can keep the latest self imposed deadline after every single date thus far hasn’t been met. Also what strikes me as odd is that on Sept 22 Dillon emailed me saying the cage was on schedule and in the same emails says “ Ceramic coating for the cage is usually $200, but since you have been waiting for the cage we can offer it at $145.”. I decline. And then yesterday during our conversation through Instagram messenger says “We also do ceramic coating on the cages now for an additional $400 if you were interested. I can do it for $250 since you’ve been waiting for a while brotha. It really helps the paint pop and helps mitigate slight scratching and dings. We use Xpel fusion plus”. So you say it’s normally 200 and offer it for 145 in September. And now it’s double that and are offering it to me for more than it was 2 months ago at $250? The inconsistency just makes me question ethical business practices and can’t help but get the feeling of the bait and switch. What gives guys?

*11/17/20 still no reply from John. I reached out to him again today regarding the pricing difference of the ceramic coating from sept to nov. also reached out yesterday 11/16 for tracking info. Haven’t received a reply to either email. Dillon however sent me an email today saying the cage would be shipping today but no tracking info. I just sent a reply to Dillon asking for tracking so I can confirm shipment. But until i see tracking and that it has indeed been picked up by the carrier I’m not holding my breath

this is me overanalyzing things but i'm curious as to why John has an @studiorsr.com email and dillon's email is @gmail. just struck me as odd as dillon i assume takes care of the social media but was also the one asking if i wanted the $145 oh wait $250 ceramic coat?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
Glad I saw this just got an invoice for an order maybe Ill hold off on paying until things get sorted out.

"Although lead times for production are
estimated, time is not of the essence and delivery dates are not
guaranteed."

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m not so much frustrated with the lead time as I know with COVID and such things can and have been moving slower. What my biggest concern is 1) the lack of communication and follow through. I was told I would be contacted and I never was. 2)when I finally did make contact I was told on each occasion that it would be 1-2 weeks. Like I said all of my frustration and even this thread would’ve been avoided if when I did reach out they would’ve just told me “hey there’s been a delay and the timeframe is going to be 12 weeks instead of 4-6.” Of course I would’ve been disappointed but at least the expectation would be set. I just don’t like the “1-2 weeks more” answer and when I get the same answer every 2 weeks that’s frustrating. After being told that a few times it’s hard as a client to maintain faith in what your being told and what’s actually happening. In addition to the whole ceramic coat price being wildy different in 2 months. Things just aren’t adding up for me. I will say on the up side that John and Dillon have never been rude. Hoping things work out and the product is worth the wait.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
Just wanted to post up about my experience with @StudioRSR . Long story short I ordered a cage from them Sept 1, 2020. 4-6 week lead time and I still don't have it. I even called Art of Attack who sells the studiorsr cages and they also stated they've been having lengthy waits and having trouble getting in touch with them. They recommended to just keep calling until i got a hold of them. I've read the other thread citing their yelp reviews and am really hoping for the best here. But so far i've been disappointed with the lack of communication and expectations that were set by them that they couldn't meet. And those long reviews that were "fictitiously exaggerated" might hold some truth. I can assure you that my experience is fact based. I tried to leave out how i feel about the situation as much as I can.

I ordered a cage from them sept 1. Was told a 4-6 week lead time. John Sun whom I placed the order with said he’d reach out and update me early October. Never heard anything. Dillon Smith sends me an email Sept 22 asking if I want to ceramic coat my cage for an extra $145 and in the same email says production is on schedule 4-6 weeks. Sent an email on Sept 24 and John responded with “production is on track.” Reached out via email to John on oct 12 as it’s been 6 weeks from the order date and got no response. Then again via phone and email on oct 14 and left a message got no call back but Dillon responds by email and says “your cage will be done in the next week or two”. Contacted them via instagram and email on oct 21 And dillon responds via Instagram “talked to John and your cage will ship within 2 weeks”. 2 weeks pass and I send John another email and he says “your cage will be done with fabrication end of next week then off to powdercoat the week after.” Still no actual shipping date. I paid for a product that I was told would have a 4-6 week lead time which now best case will be 11+ weeks. They never reached out to let me know things would be delayed instead I have to reach out only to be told “a week or two” on three separate occasions adding up to an additional 6 weeks and counting. Honestly I think the cage looks great and hopefully the wait time is worth the quality and fitment I will demand for this lengthy wait but come on guys a little communication would go a long way in keeping me quiet and not getting frustrated. Just say from the get go it’s 4-6 months and you won’t have customers like me being upset. Underpromise. Over deliver. I’m hoping you guys find a way to make this right. I’ll update my review once I have the cage in hand and see how the install goes

* 11/3/20 John emails me nov 3 and says “I can keep you updated, early next week, with the progress of the cage.“. Well it’s now Thursday and have not received any update. In a subsequent email John also says “ I expect your cage to ship, at the latest, Nov 16th. You should expect to receive it on the week of Thanksgiving.” Let’s see if they can meet another deadline they've set for themselves.

*11/16/20 reached out to John and Dillon since I didn’t see any tracking info. Cage was supposed to ship 11/16 but it didn’t. Now they said it will ship 11/17. Let’s see if they can keep the latest self imposed deadline after every single date thus far hasn’t been met. Also what strikes me as odd is that on Sept 22 Dillon emailed me saying the cage was on schedule and in the same emails says “ Ceramic coating for the cage is usually $200, but since you have been waiting for the cage we can offer it at $145.”. I decline. And then yesterday during our conversation through Instagram messenger says “We also do ceramic coating on the cages now for an additional $400 if you were interested. I can do it for $250 since you’ve been waiting for a while brotha. It really helps the paint pop and helps mitigate slight scratching and dings. We use Xpel fusion plus”. So you say it’s normally 200 and offer it for 145 in September. And now it’s double that and are offering it to me for more than it was 2 months ago at $250? The inconsistency just makes me question ethical business practices and can’t help but get the feeling of the bait and switch. What gives guys?

this is me overanalyzing things but i'm curious as to why John has an @studiorsr.com email and dillon's email is @gmail. just struck me as odd as dillon i assume takes care of the social media but was also the one asking if i wanted the $145 oh wait $250 ceramic coat?

This is troubling as I also ordered a cage through Vivid Racing from them. I will be following up ASAP. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got an email from Dillon saying my cage would ship today. I sent a reply requesting tracking so fingers crossed it might be shipping. I’ll keep the thread updated.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
Just got an email from Dillon saying my cage would ship today. I sent a reply requesting tracking so fingers crossed it might be shipping. I’ll keep the thread updated.
I heard back from them as well- hopefully its just a little bump in the road.

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can confirm I have shipping info and my cage has in fact been picked up by the freight carrier

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
and how is the cage bro? would you share photos and thoughts ?

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The cage is very nice. Fits perfect. They didn’t have enough hardware so I had to source extra hardware but other than that zero complaints.

Attachments

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
I had the same issue with the cage not coming with enough hardware. Outside of that and some minor shipping damage on the paint it was great.

image1 (2).jpeg
image2.jpeg

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
Damn clean as hell How bads the install?

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damn clean as hell How bads the install?
i didn't think it was bad at all. the fit really is spot on. getting the interior out isn't too bad just take your time. the rear hoop is bolted in by two bolts on each side, both holes are preexiting on both sides. however only 2 of the four holes is threaded, the other two need to be enlarged a little to fit the nutsert. the front hoop is held in by 4 bolts per side if i remember correctly three that bolt in from the top and one from the side. However all 4 holes per side need to be marked and drilled. i'd say with all the right tools 4hours would be more than enough time.

aydoh91

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Dam I wish I came across this thread before placing my order... I ordered a cage back in April and was told 8-12 weeks. 10 weeks come by, no email or anything. Contacted them for an updated and was told another 4 weeks. Wait another 4 weeks! Contacted them after 4 weeks and was left on "read" for a whole week (keep in mind this was all through IG). Contacted them again and was told another 4 weeks... At this point will I ever get my cage? I feel like they are beating around the bush...
Sponsored