Supra 3.0 Smokes Mustang GT

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I did a roll with a 5.0 the other day and we were neck-and-neck. 40 roll up to 115, we both shifted and our super fast trans pulled ahead to a car length at 125.

Mustang had ethanol tune, intake, and exhaust vs my stock 21

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
It appears there IS a replacement for displacement ?

lbsupra55

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
I got a 5.0 GT and getting a new Supra in a couple of weeks (had to wait for several months because of the backorder). I must say I'm more exciting about the Supra. :)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Those Mustangs sure make a lot of noise.. useless rumble, then thud and crumple, cheering noises, then ambulance sounds... all useless noises.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Glad ya won, but “smoked” may be a bit much of a statement. You won, smoked, at least to me would be multiple car lengths. Not picking on you specifically it seems to be a trend on this forum.

it’s like when guys say the killed the other guy in the 1/4 mile and they only beat them by a tenth. Or they say they destroyed them around the 2 mile track by a second or two, again a bit too much exaggeration for the real world difference. An f1 cars lap compared to a Camery is destroyed!

to me it tries to inflate the greatness beyond what it really is.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
We live in a world of hyperbole now... how many "Breaking News" stories can there actually be in a single day? The financial news is always talking about the market's "plummeting value" (i.e. ~1% losses) or "soaring rally" (i.e. ~1% gains). Everything including the color of your shirt is some kind of soul-killing micro-aggression... so in that context... winning by 6 feet in the 1/4 mile must be "destroying the competition" right? :dunno:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
We live in a world of hyperbole now... how many "Breaking News" stories can there actually be in a single day? The financial news is always talking about the market's "plummeting value" (i.e. ~1% losses) or "soaring rally" (i.e. ~1% gains). Everything including the color of your shirt is some kind of soul-killing micro-aggression... so in that context... winning by 6 feet in the 1/4 mile must be "destroying the competition" right? :dunno:

Fast n Furious Tokyo Drift - "whats the point of the race"

Wow - you beat a car by 1 meter and you gained what/got paid what/etc etc etc.

You drive off and the guy in GTR smokes you at the next light then what. Suicide, mindless rampage at the Drive-Through or no, you tell your bro's - He only had me by 2 lenghts I just need a better downpipe, tune, air filter and 100 Octane track fuel and he's mine lol :)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've heard of sore losers, but apparently there are also sore winners.. everyday learn something new.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Glad ya won, but “smoked” may be a bit much of a statement. You won, smoked, at least to me would be multiple car lengths. Not picking on you specifically it seems to be a trend on this forum.

it’s like when guys say the killed the other guy in the 1/4 mile and they only beat them by a tenth. Or they say they destroyed them around the 2 mile track by a second or two, again a bit too much exaggeration for the real world difference. An f1 cars lap compared to a Camery is destroyed!

I've heard of sore losers, but apparently there are also sore winners.. everyday learn something new.
I don’t know who they’re talking to. It was just a random post I thought was interesting. Not me in video

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I get it, not really blaming you. But words mean something, and hyperbole distorts the truth to the point where real differences are lumped in with mediocre ones. All the information becomes meaningless at that point. No different then the 20 vs 21 Supra debate. Yes the 21 is faster but in real world terms only marginally. Meaning unless you track it, those tenths don’t mean much. Not many people on this forum drive around at 10/10ths to get the advantage of most of that extra power, but they act like they’ve got a Ferrari vs a Corolla. It’s ridiculous to me.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I think people are thinking my race story somehow has to do with the title of this thread ?

I didn’t and wouldn’t say I “smoked” the GT. It doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile..
Sponsored