Supra Below MSRP? In this market?

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Took a heck of a deal and traded out of my 2021 Absolute Zero about a month ago, and regretted it from day two. Didn't realize how much I really did love driving the Supra, until it was gone. That's how it goes, right?

As such, I had been idly poking around, in hopes that another Supra would pop up for a good price. Not very likely in this market, but always worth a try. Well, it just so happens, I found it, and traded back into a Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0 this time) last night.

So, let's talk about this deal! We've all been frustrated by most dealers in this climate, since they're virtually all charging MSRP (or more), tacking on a bunch of crap (like Toyota Southeast Distributor putting ToyotaCare Platinum on every new Supra in the Southeast region), and more, so it's really tough to even buy for MSRP.

The other night, I had actually decided to go ahead and grab a car for MSRP, since they had offered me quite a bit for my trade (more than I paid new), and I was just ready to make a move. My wife suggested I take one more look, and... Wait, what the hell is that??

That was a brand new 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, Renaissance Red 2.0, with Driver Assist, Toyoguard Platinum (ugh), and the stupid cable kit - MSRP $57,637 - for $53,994! Well that's obviously worth a look! It just so happened that it was also a lot closer than any of the other Supras I was looking at, which is icing on the cake.

So, I immediately reached out (email, since it was well after closing time), and ended up connecting with them in the morning. They confirmed the price, but mentioned that they were putting a stupid package on all of their cars, which consisted of First Place Finish (UGH), a pinstripe kit (double-ugh), PPF on mirrors, door edge, and handle cups, tint, and a couple of other little things - for about $2500. So, I did some math, and it still seemed pretty decent, especially when I considered that there were actually a couple of things in that package that I cared about - but I did tell them that they aren't going to apply the pinstripe, because that's a dealbreaker. There's also a $399 dealer fee - never ideal, but better than most I've seen.

So, final price (before tax, tags) ended up being $56,892. Not a ton below MSRP, by any means, but that meant that I walked out the door, everything included, paying less than MSRP. Since there were actually a couple of things in that package that added value for me, I'd say I did pretty well in the current market!

*edit - Removing the dealership recommendation. Depending on how today goes, I'll be posting a bit more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Shoot my carmax sold a 2021 3.0 premium in yellow with the ppf BRAND NEW for 51,000 even. No dealer fee.

Could have bought it but passed because of the color. Whoever picked it up for a smoking deal of 5k under msrp

OP
OP

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Shoot my carmax sold a 2021 3.0 premium in yellow with the ppf BRAND NEW for 51,000 even. No dealer fee.

Could have bought it but passed because of the color. Whoever picked it up for a smoking deal of 5k under msrp
Wow, that's an absolutely insane deal! PPF is far from cheap on these things. I didn't know CarMax sold new cars - they don't around here... and what they do sell is zero-negotiation, so I'm surprised they sell anything below MSRP. Must be nice! haha

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
5A15989E-0591-41C2-AE39-D120E7CA5C2D.jpeg

Had to dig up this photo. Is was actually only 50,250!!!!

OP
OP

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
5A15989E-0591-41C2-AE39-D120E7CA5C2D.jpeg

Had to dig up this photo. Is was actually only 50,250!!!!
Wow.... when was this? That's some incredible pricing. Heck - that pricing was incredible in the spring, when getting a few grand off of MSRP OTD was commonplace. haha

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Wow.... when was this? That's some incredible pricing. Heck - that pricing was incredible in the spring, when getting a few grand off of MSRP OTD was commonplace. haha
About 5 months ago

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
it has the $750 cash back so was before June. I was able to get about $5600 under MSRP on a 3.0 Premium in June but it took a lot of negotiating and some luck. Those days are clearly over. Getting a car at full MSRP now is a good deal.

OP
OP

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
About 5 months ago
Oh, ok, that makes sense then! Still an incredible price, even for then!

it has the $750 cash back so was before June. I was able to get about $5600 under MSRP on a 3.0 Premium in June but it took a lot of negotiating and some luck. Those days are clearly over. Getting a car at full MSRP now is a good deal.
You must be one heck of a negotiator. I'm pretty decent, and have no problem walking away from a bad deal, but my desire for the car always gets the best of me in the end! :)

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Oh, ok, that makes sense then! Still an incredible price, even for then!

You must be one heck of a negotiator. I'm pretty decent, and have no problem walking away from a bad deal, but my desire for the car always gets the best of me in the end! :)
dealer made a pricing error but I had everything in writing and they honored it.

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
Itā€™s tough to say when you trade in a car but, on my previous car the lease was ending. My dealer gave me 9k over what was left on the lease and sold me the 3.0 premium with driver assist and all that Southeast Toyota garbage (USB cables you donā€™t even need, seriously) for 53,500. I was happy with it. Then they put my old car on the lot for more than I actually paid for it :dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Itā€™s though to say when you trade in a car but, on my previous car the lease was ending. My dealer gave me 9k over what was left on the lease and sold me the 3.0 premium with driver assist and all that Southeast Toyota garbage (USB cables you donā€™t even need, seriously) for 53,500. I was happy with it. Then they put my old car on the lot for more than I actually paid for it :dunno:
Yeah, this is such a weird market. Iā€™ve gotten more than I paid for all 3 cars Iā€™ve sold and traded to dealers since Mayā€¦ Even made $1500 on the car I just bought last month (STi), and itā€™s listed for sale at over MSRP, some ~$5k more than I paid new. Worst part is, theyā€™ll probably sell it this weekend.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart

Is that Carmax in Kenosha still selling new Toyotas? I thought they were going to end that and stop selling new cars?

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Is that Carmax in Kenosha still selling new Toyotas? I thought they were going to end that and stop selling new cars?
They did stop. This was a while ago. The Toyota dealership is next door now
Sponsored